Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: crashing on exit, just me?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all,

love the dolphin, having so much fun playing around with it, thank you devs!

i have noticed that whenever i close the game window, the program hangs and i have to force quit dolphin all together, anyone else having this problem? it happens every time for me. is there a "proper" way to close dolphin cleanly?

fyi, if i close the main dolphin window (not the game window), it closes fine. it's just when i close the game window

core 2 duo OC 4.0gh
4 gb ram
windows xp sp3
ati radeon hd 4800
Doesn't happen to me on r5003 x64, both video plugins. Game stops instead, and I can start another one.
What rev are you using?
i had go to wii menu then press yes then exit, i had the same problem a first when using key bored but when i got my blue tooth stack and i got my wii remote working pressing wii home button on the wii remote then press yes then exiting stops the crashes for me
Have the same problem. 99% of the times it crashes
just tried the latest build, 5007 x32, still doing the same thing.

EDIT: i'm even trying to close it using alt+f4 and it still hangs up, causing me to force quit dolphin.

i'd love to add dolphin to my arcade machine (running mamewah as a front end) but need to make sure it can exit cleanly first.

also, is there any way to map the alt+f4 quit to 'esc'? i have all my emu's using 'esc' which makes the machine go back to the FE.

thanks all, t

(02-04-2010, 01:45 PM)CacoFFF Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't happen to me on r5003 x64, both video plugins. Game stops instead, and I can start another one.
What rev are you using?

LuisR14

(02-05-2010, 08:48 AM)d8thstar Wrote: [ -> ]also, is there any way to map the alt+f4 quit to 'esc'? i have all my emu's using 'esc' which makes the machine go back to the FE.
well you can use ESC to get out of fullscreen then use it again to stop the game when in windowed mode (for the dx plugin) Smile
You are not alone. I get this too. Feels like 70-80% of cases I stop games.
^ same here. Happened with all recent revs, including r5037 using now.
It depends on what game you were playing before you stop it I think. With Zelda TP Wii/GC doesnt happen, but with Metroid 1 and 2 all the time.