Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can one play online with the Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Chefcheech

Topic

Still kinda learning the ins and outs of it
yes via netplay. It's pretty laggy now though.

Chefcheech

(02-04-2010, 10:25 AM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]yes via netplay. It's pretty laggy now though.

Would I be playing with others that have the Emu or with players playing an actuall WII too?
(02-04-2010, 10:36 AM)Chefcheech Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-04-2010, 10:25 AM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]yes via netplay. It's pretty laggy now though.

Would I be playing with others that have the Emu or with players playing an actuall WII too?

Connecting to Nintendo Wifi connection on Dolphin is impossible, and it is probably for the best that it never should do either, even if dolphin is 100% perfect, users with inadequate systems may ruin the experience for real wii systems.

So yeah, you'd be playing with other people on the same emulator.
mm maybe instead of connecting to nintendo wifi connection, it connects to another server so only dolphin users could play, it would be nice and wii users could play normaly in the nwificonection
I think netplay lags a lot and slink is too afraid to work on it ;p
(02-05-2010, 05:39 AM)channjose Wrote: [ -> ]mm maybe instead of connecting to nintendo wifi connection, it connects to another server so only dolphin users could play, it would be nice and wii users could play normaly in the nwificonection

I don't see how you would do that without hacking the game itself.
But it does sound mighty nice.
I would have Dolphin just stream Serial Port and Video/Audio fast as it can