Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii games files -extension and how to crack it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, since the newer build Dolphin arrived, I have been busy with the new function of scanning what inside a Wii disc image.

Many interesting items found, not many is readable, or should I say unidentified? Well, Here, I would like to let people know some intel as well as trying to ask if anyone may find a way to crack them.

Few extension is known and readable (only one to me). here is a list of extension that I have found and read:

.brstm - sound and music files - how to convert it: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-6886.html

.thp - Video files - There is a 'THP Player' arround, try google it [but it doesn't work well for me (I'm in Windows 7, will it be a problem?)].

Here are extension that may catch your eyes, pretty interesting to me though:

.arc (unknown) most likely image, many found in /Menu folder.
.hvt (99% suspicious as image) here what I trying to talk, we might unlock into limitless of CG.

Least interesting:
.scc .nod .pnt .edg .rtex .hvb

Known extension and not likely to be touched:
.dat .bin .brsar

Tested ISO: Rune Factory Frontier (NTSC-U)

I think most file types have been hacked into, you may want to take a look at Brawl hacking (the most hacked wii game), there's apps for exporting textures and models (like Brawlscape). There's also editing of animations used for attacks, custom stages (as in custom stage properties and models)
IF YOU WANT TO USE THIS APP ON WINDOWS 7 CHSANGE COPTABILITY WINDOWS XP SP2
(02-03-2010, 10:06 PM)nikolas60 Wrote: [ -> ]IF YOU WANT TO USE THIS APP ON WINDOWS 7 CHSANGE COPTABILITY WINDOWS XP SP2

Thanks for the tip, It doesn't work, I tried.
Same error, no idea:

Assertion Failed. File:gcvid.cpp Line:429 Expression:_head.offsetsDataOffset == 0

P.s: There is no need to capitalized ^^