Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Some future for DirectX9 plugin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Somebody having a working DirectX9 dll plugin that works with latest builds? Would you upload it somewhere?

I can't use Dolphin since 2390 build because some unfinished changes in the DirectX9 plugin. I could play a lot of games with the old one, but now i can play nothing.

But DirectX9 issues have NULL priority for devs, don't know why because 90% of the world have non-compliant OpenGL 2.1 PCs or Laptops, 90% of the world using windows, so why waste time in cross-platform code?

What I see is that it's going to take a while I can load & play a game again.
Hey, it's not so easy to code an emulator. Try yourself and you'll get the point. Anyways, devs gonna move changes from OpenGL to Direct3D9 plugin soon.
I can figure out how hard to code an emu, since I code DataBase Systems in high-level languages, but I'm afraid because DirectX have left behind and is not working anymore.

I'm used to wait, just as I did with N64 emus (about 5 years), I only hope that new changes don't make the plugin hardware dependent, most people don't care much about perfect graphics, smoke or a great anisotropic & antialias filters, but something that works.

Oehr

isnt it easier to stick with opengl anyway as the the gc and wii games are loosely based on opengl?
(04-17-2009, 12:06 AM)marcosmartin Wrote: [ -> ]because 90% of the world have non-compliant OpenGL 2.1 PCs or Laptops

I would love to see these statistics that you base this statement off of. It would give me a good laugh, just like I got when I read that.

It's probably closer the other way around. 90% of video cards these days are OpenGL 2.1+ Compliant.
The last working directx video plugin should be included with nevada's/daco's builds...
Other than that, the "new" dx plugin will be done whenever it's ready, of course.

p.s. "new" means that the plugin is being converted to use Cg instead of HLSL, btw. Sooooo if anyone reading this wants to help out, it would, uh...be really great :p
[[[ I would love to see these statistics that you base this statement off of. It would give me a good laugh, just like I got when I read that. ]]

Stats are not that far, just search this forum for "can't create opengl renderer" and you'll get about 20 pages with 20 posts each, meaning all these people are limited to use the emu.
(04-18-2009, 02:19 AM)marcosmartin Wrote: [ -> ][[[ I would love to see these statistics that you base this statement off of. It would give me a good laugh, just like I got when I read that. ]]

Stats are not that far, just search this forum for "can't create opengl renderer" and you'll get about 20 pages with 20 posts each, meaning all these people are limited to use the emu.

lol you do realize half of those threads are from people who haven't read the requirements page so they haven't updated their c++ and directx?
Also there are even some people with OpenGL 2.1 and DX9/DX10 compliant video cards that even get this error for some reason, for example I get this on my Geforce 9800 GT if I have dual core mode disabled or stop emulation of one game and then try to start another game without closing and re-launching the emulator..
(04-18-2009, 03:33 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Also there are even some people with OpenGL 2.1 and DX9/DX10 compliant video cards that even get this error for some reason, for example I get this on my Geforce 9800 GT if I have dual core mode disabled or stop emulation of one game and then try to start another game without closing and re-launching the emulator..

Yep, my 9500GT supports OpenGL 2.1+ but on occasion it does come up with this error.