Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Excited new user with some basic questions!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Chefcheech

Hey guys! thanks a lot for hosting this forum, I am just getting into the Dolphin emulator scene and I have some basic questions.

Also, I want everyone to know that while I do love Wii games, I am only interested in playing 1 for now (lets call it a tester, testin out the EMU) and that would be Tatsunoko vs Capcom!

My specs are as follows

AMD Phenoom II X4 955 3.2ghz processor
4 gigs of ram
Nvidia GTX 295
Windows 7 64 bit

1. Is this PC good enough to handle this game?

I hear this game takes a beefy PC to run it

2. I have r4771 as the latest build, am I correct? I went to the downloads section and just DLed the latest one so thats why I assumed

3. I am wondering if its possible to play the game using an xbox 360 controller? I have a usb one that I use for Street Fighter 4 and some MAME games, would that work for this Wii game? I have a Wii and several controllers but (as far as I know) no way to hook them up to my PC.

4. This one is a stretch..............Can I play TvC online using the emulator? Just wondering

Thanks for any help you can give me guys, I will definitely be checking out this awesome EMU!
1.Yes,Your pc is strong enough to handle dolphin
3.Yes you can use x360 contoller
4.Sorry,you cant play online with dolphin

Chefcheech

(02-03-2010, 05:57 PM)Travixyz Wrote: [ -> ]1.Yes,Your pc is strong enough to handle dolphin
3.Yes you can use x360 contoller
4.Sorry,you cant play online with dolphin

thanks, what about the answer to question 2?

Im moments away from playin this game!
2.I think rev4771 is the best revision with the best speed of fps
4771 is old. I have it, but it has many bugs in games that have been fixed.

Go to http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/forum-6.html and find a newer version in the threads and links.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom takes processing power but you should run fine on that PC. There is occassional 'microstutter' in the game that can't be eliminated at the moment (like when doing a special attack, it hangs for about 0.2 seconds), otherwise it's fully playable.

Chefcheech

(02-03-2010, 10:20 PM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]4771 is old. I have it, but it has many bugs in games that have been fixed.

Go to http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/forum-6.html and find a newer version in the threads and links.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom takes processing power but you should run fine on that PC. There is occassional 'microstutter' in the game that can't be eliminated at the moment (like when doing a special attack, it hangs for about 0.2 seconds), otherwise it's fully playable.

Thanks for the help! One question tho:

it seems that I can no longer use my 360 for windows controller. I know its my error but I dont know how to fix it, any advice?

I just DLed the r5000 build, thanks again

rkmugen

Tatsunoko vs Capcom on 4771.

Setup:
*Intel E6400 @ 2.13GHz
*2 GB RAM
*Vista 32 Home Premium

**From a cold boot-up, and having no other applications applications running, temporarily disabled anti-virus software, update-checkers, Windows Update**

Remarks:
1) TvsC, during the actual bouts/rounds, appears to be running at 80-90% of its full/native speed on an actual Wii. This of course fluctuates, depending both on the complexity of the background stages and how complex each character is to render on screen.

2) As mentioned in some posts above mine, there is still the unavoidable audio/video stuttering when selecting your character at the char. select screen, performing supers, coming out of a super, performing a helper/assist, and when loading/saving states.

3) Noticable missing special effects textures when hitting opponents (either successful or blocked).