Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars: The Clone Wars rendering error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Lavarider

So I finally found this old favorite lying around in my closet, dusted it off, decided to see how it would look on my PC. I activated the GCM in Dolphin Rev 4771 64-bit, and got so far as the yellow debug lettering when the game crashed with an error message:

ERROR : Trying to compile at 0. LR=80004bc4

Clicking OK will then read as:

iCacheJIT: Reading Opcode from fffffffc. Please report.

Hitting OK one more time closes the emulator. Does anyone have a fix for this? I have a craving for some republic gunship mass destruction, and my friend is borrowing my Wii....

Edit: Just to confirm, the same error happens with 32-bit versions of Dolphin too, as well as newer SVN revisions.
Yea, Star Wars games are pain in the ass to emulate, probably it's not playable, though I'm not really sure

matstermind

ya, i get that same error to, i was really hoping to be able to play it :'(
there must be something about star wars games, remember rogue squadron 64? did it ever become playable on 1964 or project64?

I've tried clone wars gc on various dolphin builds, several times, but the status of the emulation never seems to progress pass the loading screen. Do they all have this special memory access thingy? Wonder why it's just the star wars games?
(02-03-2010, 12:40 PM)Lavarider Wrote: [ -> ]So I finally found this old favorite lying around in my closet, dusted it off, decided to see how it would look on my PC. I activated the GCM in Dolphin Rev 4771 64-bit, and got so far as the yellow debug lettering when the game crashed with an error message:

ERROR : Trying to compile at 0. LR=80004bc4

Clicking OK will then read as:

iCacheJIT: Reading Opcode from fffffffc. Please report.

Hitting OK one more time closes the emulator. Does anyone have a fix for this? I have a craving for some republic gunship mass destruction, and my friend is borrowing my Wii....

Edit: Just to confirm, the same error happens with 32-bit versions of Dolphin too, as well as newer SVN revisions.

i have the same issue. but i get to the loading screen
sorry to revive the thread, but you know, clone wars ps2 is playable on pcsx2, just thought i'd mention that incase anyone is still waiting for a dolphin fix.
(10-27-2011, 01:08 AM)RanCorX2 Wrote: [ -> ]sorry to revive the thread, but you know, clone wars ps2 is playable on pcsx2, just thought i'd mention that incase anyone is still waiting for a dolphin fix.

Well have you tested it recently? I had totally forgotten about this game too, I'd test it myself but I'm in the process of moving house and playing Rage. Or maybe something has been updated in the thread devoted to the status of games...No, not that I could find.

One day...
(10-28-2011, 11:45 AM)Monyet Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2011, 01:08 AM)RanCorX2 Wrote: [ -> ]sorry to revive the thread, but you know, clone wars ps2 is playable on pcsx2, just thought i'd mention that incase anyone is still waiting for a dolphin fix.

Well have you tested it recently? I had totally forgotten about this game too, I'd test it myself but I'm in the process of moving house and playing Rage. Or maybe something has been updated in the thread devoted to the status of games...No, not that I could find.

One day...

The game is still broken