Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii Play vs Wiimote (buttons work but no motion)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi iv been trying Wii Play with the wiimote, but i havent been able to make it work 100%. The Buttons work perfectly A,B up down..., but no motion what so ever. Also been tring with WiinRemote but no luck

Version used are Mamario Dolphin-x64-r4989 and Dolphin_x64_r4771

Any tips?

Cheers!
you need a sensor bar or some type of ir of 940nm wavelength.
What do you need to play with real wiimotes?

A Wii Retail sensor and a Wii retail Wiimote? (How do you connect that to the PC?)

I read something about bluetooth, too. But bluetooth it's not Different from the wii sensor?
(I have a bluetooth 3.0 mini usb that works?).
oh, i dont have a sensor, just that some games work with out the sensor, thought this one would too.

cheers,

Wiimote + Bluetooth + WiinRemote(Optional software) + BlueSoleil (Bluetooth Software, does not have to be this one but default bluetooth drivers did not connect).. about the sensor..no idea really, two candles?
Haha.

Yeah i know that bluesoleil i used it to connect a bluetooth headhpone to my computer to listen music.

For the sensor....no idea!
bluesoliel and bluetooth stick is needed for communication. Ir sensor bar is needed for tracking to work.
And How to connect the sensor bar to the computer? and to the dolphin?
Do you guys recommend Bluesoleil over default ms stack bluetooth? I'm about to try Bluesoleil since my wiimote can't recognize the buttons when ingame. But I've been reading something about vibration not working and other stuff with Bluesoleil so I'm afraid to lose some functions. How true is this?

EDIT: By the way, isn't motion have to do with internal Wiimote sensors? Or are you talking about the pointing feature?
Okay, I've tested latest bluesoleil (6.4.299) and works perfectly with my Wiimote. Buttons are ok, motion seems ok so far (I've only tested shake). Definitively recommended for people with problems with the default microsoft bluetooth.

Now to get those IR leds wired for tracking. Wink

Cheers,

EDIT: I can confirm everything working as it should with Bluesoleil and knock-off Wiimote. My son won't let me play in his Wii so now I can use my pc to play as long as I want. Thank you Dolphin team, you've made one kid happy, not to mention my son.