Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: controller problem in Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've ONLY got Twilight Princess, so I'm not sure if this would be a problem in other games. The game starts fine, but immediately presents an error saying that I must connect the nunchuck. The problem is that I only have a classic controller and am having difficulty figuring out how to tell dolphin that the classic controller should be detected as the alternative.

I'm not sure if it helps, but these are my system specs:
Dolphin SVN R2962
Windows XP SP2
Intel Mobile Core 2 P8600 (2.4GHz)
4GB RAM (I know it only sees ~3.2GB)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 (512MB RAM)

and I have just installed the directx 9.0c march 2009 and the C++ 2008 version listed on the requirements page.

the controller itself is an old ps2 controller (lists itself as a PC Twin Shock). I am unable to get a different controller as well (I'm currently living in Ethiopia for a job and NOTHING is available over here lol)

Thank you to anyone able to give me a hand. If I didn't provide a piece of information that was needed to help me, please let me know and I'll do my best to provide that too.

-seregil
Is is clear that you don't know very much about the wii. "Classic controller" refers to a spesific controller attached to the wiimote, which cannot be used for most wii games. Instead, in "wiimote configuration", you must check the option "Nunchuck connected". As for using a PS2 controller, you'll have to map the keyboard buttons to it with a program such as xpadder.
thanks for the response KHRZ. I downloaded xpadder and mapped all my buttons to it, but I am now having difficulty figuring out where to tell dolphin to use the xpadder located keys (or the reverse of telling xpadder to apply the settings to dolphin). Where does such an option exist?

thanks
There is nothing you need to do with Dolphin. You just assign keyboard buttons to controller and set these buttons in Wiimote settings.
i mapped the controller out using xpadder. what do you mean by "assign keyboard buttons" to controller? I can't even figure out how to do that in xpadder Sad
Dodgy It's main XPadder's purpose - to set keyboard buttons to controller you are using. There might not problem to set keyboard keys to controller buttons.
now i feel stupid lol Smile

got the keyboard settings set to the game finally. It's unfortunate that it is all set to play, but i get a black screen every time i try and hit A+B at the beginning when it says to

thanks for help Smile
Try to disable Anti-Aliasing to get rid of black screen.
its already disabled

LordDragonX

On your above post to simply add the nunchuck add it to controller 2 and check the box add nunchuck as simple as that! Im just having problems getting the sound to work on twilight princess?
Pages: 1 2