Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best app for creating isos?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi! i have quite a good computer to run dolphin, i also have a wii and some games. and i was wondering since dolphin only runs isos, if do i need to create the isos with any specific settings and whats the best app for that.

regards,
I use UltraISO. Alcohol 120% is brilliant as well.
(01-31-2010, 07:41 AM)WhiteZero Wrote: [ -> ]I use UltraISO. Alcohol 120% is brilliant as well.

Any specific settings?
I personally use my Wii to rip the ISOs.
USB loader GX lets you install the games from disc to a USB drive, formatted in WBFS.
Then WBFS manager for Windows lets you extract from the USB, for use with Dolphin.

As for Gamecube, I use a Wii homebrew called WiiDump 1.5, it can dump to the SD slot or a normal USB Drive. Takes me about 100 minutes to dump a GC game to USB.
(01-31-2010, 08:05 AM)RupeeClock Wrote: [ -> ]I personally use my Wii to rip the ISOs.
USB loader GX lets you install the games from disc to a USB drive, formatted in WBFS.
Then WBFS manager for Windows lets you extract from the USB, for use with Dolphin.

As for Gamecube, I use a Wii homebrew called WiiDump 1.5, it can dump to the SD slot or a normal USB Drive. Takes me about 100 minutes to dump a GC game to USB.

yes, i dont have an harddrive for the wii at the moment, so i might try the alchool to create the isos....
You need an LG drive to read them on your PC. You don't need a drive, you can dump wii games to SD card (in several pieces) or wirelessly to your PC
(01-31-2010, 08:25 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]You need an LG drive to read them on your PC. You don't need a drive, you can dump wii games to SD card (in several pieces) or wirelessly to your PC

i actually have an lg dvd recorder drive....let me try do see if the recognizes the content.
edit:doesnt seem to recognize anything...:S
(01-31-2010, 08:05 AM)RupeeClock Wrote: [ -> ]I personally use my Wii to rip the ISOs.

how can i get the usb loader GX?i assume this is done directly in the console?
Just google it, DL, put on your SD card and load up on your wii
(01-31-2010, 08:45 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]Just google it, DL, put on your SD card and load up on your wii

It's a little more complicated than that.
There's USB Loader GX, but you also have to have the Homebrew Channel installed, and you have to install custom IOS.

Oh, you can also install HackMii whilst you install the Homebrew channel, and use that to dump your NAND for Dolphin.
Yeah, sorry I confused this with another thread where I had already explained that
Pages: 1 2