Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: No more xinput auto-configure for xbox 360 controllers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Back in padsimple, using an xbox 360 controller for gamecube was as simple as checking a box and choosing what number controller to use. Now that padsimple and njoy have merged, I can't find any xinput controller option - am I doomed to manual configuration from here on out?
(01-29-2010, 10:55 PM)bugmenot Wrote: [ -> ]Back in padsimple, using an xbox 360 controller for gamecube was as simple as checking a box and choosing what number controller to use. Now that padsimple and njoy have merged, I can't find any xinput controller option - am I doomed to manual configuration from here on out?

Yes, you are.
(01-30-2010, 12:58 AM)AyuanX Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-29-2010, 10:55 PM)bugmenot Wrote: [ -> ]Back in padsimple, using an xbox 360 controller for gamecube was as simple as checking a box and choosing what number controller to use. Now that padsimple and njoy have merged, I can't find any xinput controller option - am I doomed to manual configuration from here on out?

Yes, you are.
Wow, a response from the man himself. If you don't mind me asking, is there a technical reason for that? Or is it just simplest to leave configuration to the user?

But I can see that configuring my xbox 360 controller was really easy, so thanks! GCpad is great! I copied that setup to numbers 2 3 and 4 in gcpad.ini (four identical controllers) and it was painless.
I'm taking it as he is being sarcastic, it most likely hasn't been re-integrated into the new plugin yet, there was even mention of it breaking the Xinput/X360 pad configuration. For now just use the old plugin until they are able to fix this, the old plugin is still working just fine.