Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SSBB problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes,I know my system is not supporting OpenGL.
It just always say "can't create opengl renderer..."

But when I tried to load SSBB with DX9 plugin,
it appears black screen(and no sound too):
[attachment=2385]

Same problem with software renderer plugin.

Anyone know how to fix this problem? Huh

Thanks for you reply!

New!
I tried SSBM and NSMB,
and its can play about 40-60FPS with some graphic problems.
I don't even know why SSBB can't play Sad
(01-29-2010, 10:20 PM)ystiang Wrote: [ -> ]Yes,I know my system is not supporting OpenGL.
It just always say "can't create opengl renderer..."

But when I tried to load SSBB with DX9 plugin,
it appears black screen(and no sound too):

Same problem with software renderer plugin.

Anyone know how to fix this problem? Huh

Thanks for you reply!

New!
I tried SSBM and NSMB,
and its can play about 40-60FPS with some graphic problems.
I don't even know why SSBB can't play Sad

Is it NTSC or PAL ? Pal can play but to play NTSC you can find a patch, it is somewhere on these forums
Try turning on "Use panic handlers" ( I think is a bad dump because I can play SSBB in D3D plugin )

And the pacth to play SSBB-NTSC was applied in the SVN some revs ago
(01-30-2010, 10:08 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]Try turning on "Use panic handlers" ( I think is a bad dump because I can play SSBB in D3D plugin )

And the pacth to play SSBB-NTSC was applied in the SVN some revs ago

It just pop up a message,
"FBmanager::Create FAILBig Grinepth Color Texture"
and continue black screen.
Look like it's a 002 error fix problem.
Now I can play SSBB,but it has big broken graphic...

[attachment=2391]
Your graphics card does not support depth textures properly so till there's a fix for Intel chipsets you have to use older versions of the DX9 plugin before revision 4599 i think which was the revision that implemented depth textures
(01-30-2010, 10:01 PM)ugoo Wrote: [ -> ]Your graphics card does not support depth textures properly so till there's a fix for Intel chipsets you have to use older versions of the DX9 plugin before revision 4599 i think which was the revision that implemented depth textures

When I use a older dolphin svn,it shows up:
"Please Insert A Super Smash Bros. Brawl Disc."

Can I use a older plugin with newer version of Dolphin emu? Huh
you can but somewhere recently a change to the DX9 plugin meant that the older ones stopped working with the current versions i think it was around 4897 so you can use the DX9 plugin from before 4599 preferably from 4588 because the earlier versions of the DX9 when it was fixed do not work with those versions or the current ones

EDIT: If your getting that message with SSBB then you are either trying to use a version of dolphin that's below 2500 or your using the NTSC version of SSBB with a version of dolphin that does not have the NTSC patch already applied
(01-30-2010, 12:20 PM)ystiang Wrote: [ -> ]"FBmanager::Create FAILBig Grinepth Color Texture"

This can also happen in SMG in certain spots like the Dino piranha boss animation no matter how good your graphics card is

switch to OpenGL for that part, then resume in DX9 via savestate
I got good fps but my graphics on SSBB look awful I really need help