Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: emulator for the Wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

haydenluis

Hi,
I saw some videos of Twilight Princess being played on the Wii, and I nearly drooled.What I want to know is if there is an emulator for the Wii, as I do not own one. One that will not work painfully slowly on my 2.4 GHz MacBook with only an integrated video card and 4 GB of RAM?
Personnaly , I Have Never heard of any GC/Wii Emulator !

I don't think It exists atm ^^

WTF ?A Bot ,Again ???????
With all these spambots failing to sound genuine with their "google-for-relevance" posts, you got to wonder, maybe some of them actually suceeds and we suspect nothing? O_O
(01-30-2010, 02:28 AM)RupeeClock Wrote: [ -> ]http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=547196

Wow, really?
Bloody spam bots.

Spambots aside, I do find it quite funny that the forum you linked to closed the thread under the typical uneducated assumption that emulation = Piracy, when it clearly isn't and the United States Supreme Court backed up the decision that emulation isn't illegal, just a gray area since emulators can be used to play backup copies of games. It technically isn't illegal to play backup copies of games you own regardless of what legal jargon Nintendo and other corporations spout, it isn't valid until it's actually challenged in court and ruled in Nintendo's, Sony's, or Microsoft's favor. But I should say that downloading copyrighted materials irregardless of current ownership is illegal in some/most places, so in any case make a backup yourself.

Sony tried to sue Bleem, Connectix, VGS and miserably failed, Sony kept counter suing and kept losing so these emulators eventually went under due to court/lawyer fees.

Emulators themselves don't contain copyrighted code, just a lot of reverse engineering which is covered and allowed under fair use laws.
(01-30-2010, 08:49 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-30-2010, 02:28 AM)RupeeClock Wrote: [ -> ]http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=547196

Wow, really?
Bloody spam bots.

Spambots aside, I do find it quite funny that the forum you linked to closed the thread under the typical uneducated assumption that emulation = Piracy, when it clearly isn't and the United States Supreme Court backed up the decision that emulation isn't illegal, just a gray area since emulators can be used to play backup copies of games. It technically isn't illegal to play backup copies of games you own regardless of what legal jargon Nintendo and other corporations spout, it isn't valid until it's actually challenged in court and ruled in Nintendo's, Sony's, or Microsoft's favor. But I should say that downloading copyrighted materials irregardless of current ownership is illegal in some/most places, so in any case make a backup yourself.

Sony tried to sue Bleem, Connectix, VGS and miserably failed, Sony kept counter suing and kept losing so these emulators eventually went under due to court/lawyer fees.

Emulators themselves don't contain copyrighted code, just a lot of reverse engineering which is covered and allowed under fair use laws.

I was thinking the same thing, emulation is like a gun. if you use it to rob someone its illegal. If you keep it in your house for protection then your fine. its all how you use it. It doesn't make the gun it self illegal till the person that has it does something illegal with it. And you can do something illegal with almost anything.
Indeed, I just get sick of how the emulation scene is viewed to the general public, like we are crooks/criminals. I know there is a lot of people who use emulators to play games they've downloaded illegally, but everyone shouldn't be lumped into that same group just because a select group misuses an emulator to play illegally downloaded copies of games, isn't fair to those who legally back up their games.

Blame the end user, not the tool of choice. Wink
I think the thread was closed because he was clearly using it for piracy.
There's a removed link, probably to a rom site.

But yeah, it's like the DS Flashcarts, or R4s as they are generalised, they have potential to be abused for illegal uses (playing downloaded DS games), but are entirely legal devices in many countries.
Japan may have ruled against flashcarts, but France and another country ruled that flashcarts should not be banned.

Btw, all 25 of my Dolphin installed games, Gamecube Wii and Wiiware are legally dumped, not downloaded.
http://i.imgur.com/y7n62.png
I never seen any mention of downloading anything illegally, for all we know the link could of led to a site providing builds for Dolphin. He/She/It mentioned the downloads section of a particular site only having Windows builds, to be honest that sounds like it was a link to my website as my download section only contains Windows builds, but I could be wrong.

Usually spammers copypasta their posts from other members posts, if we can find other places where this was posted it may give us a better idea of the full unedited post content.
Actually in the download section of the page http://www.dolphin-emu.com/downloads.php I only see windows builds ( I don't know about 5 months ago )
Pages: 1 2