Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Do you still need projection hacks?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think developers themselves should know best if/which hacks are necessary, if at all. They should understand what exactly code does, its pros and cons, if it can break something(else) or not and if its worth of its benefit overall. I personally think they should try to avoid any hacks in general whenever possible until really necessary.
The bloom hack shouldn't be needed for Twilight Princess anymore, the slowdown issue with the D3D plugin has been fixed for several revisions and isn't needed to speed up this game anymore as long as you are using the latest revisions. Zelda Twilight Princess actually runs quite well with the D3D plugin now, Hyrule Field is the exception and is slow no matter what.

There are other games that still benefit from the Zelda Twilight Princess bloom hack, unless these issues are properly fixed within the emulator itself, it might not be a wise idea to get rid of any of the hacks.

I suggest these issues that require the projection hacks are tackled beforehand, and only get rid of the projection hacks after these issues are properly fixed.

A few games that still require projection hacks:

Sonic and the Black Knight
Sonic and the Secret of the Rings
Sonic Unleashed

I do believe you can eliminate the Sonic and the Black Knight projection hack and rename the existing ZTP bloom hack. The ZTP bloom hack works just as well as the Sonic and the Black Knight hack and works with all three of the games that were mentioned above.

deadpoolall

Really I got Problem!!
In Game Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3..
Look At Right Side Of Picture, Black Screen!! How Fix It!!
[Image: 38ab4eaf2187.jpg]
Use Dolphin 3.0 or a recent build
I'm in favor of removing the PHs as well, most the bugs they fix are already fixed by now, and those that are not will get fixed over time, removing them may even make those fixes come sooner.
I also never use any of them, so.....
You guys have seen the date correct?
Actually the thread was resurrected because of post #13 which shouldn't be in this thread Tongue
Yeah and we still have some projection hacks built by default...
Most people are not really aware of using projection hacks as they are enabled by default as part of the hidden game ini files. And most of them are still really needed unless the underlying, mostly big issues are fixed.

But by the way the Skies of Arcadia hack does not seem to work, when applying, still everything is black. And post #13 looks exactly like the DK Jungle Beat problem which is still present. Nowadays, even using OGL does not fix it.
Pages: 1 2 3