Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: OpenGL renderer problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You've probably heard this a lot, and probably seen this solved in many ways. But none of the ways seem to work for me. I set my settings to the ones proven to work, on the same version. But it doesn't matter what I do, everytime I try to play Super Mario Sunshine, it says Can't create OpenGL renderer. And I might need more extensions, check the logs for more info. I've tried changing settings, I've tried PerfectOptimizer. I just don't get what's wrong. My computer is Windows Vista
It is probably your graphics card.
Dolphin uses OpenGL 2.1, but if your graphics card only supports 2.0 or lower, you won't be able to use the OpenGL plugin.

My PC can run OpenGL 2.1, but my laptop sure can't because it has a mobile graphics chip.

So, you need to use the Direct3D9 plugin instead.
If you don't see one, you need to update your DirectX.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...layLang=en
If you have a Intel GPU , sorry but that GPU's are not good enought. Try a nvidia/ATI GPU if you are in a desktop or the D3D plugin
Tried that. When I use Direct X9, it says that it's too old, and goes on, but but the only thing it shows is the nintendo logo and nothing after that.
Mm....What REV are you using?
Maybe is that or the config.
Maybe your GPU is way too old , or the game is not supported
I'm using SVN R4525. With the exact same settings for this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvqDx4fOgtQ With DirectX 9, I have the too old problem, with OpenGL, I have the renderer problem, and with Software Renderer, I can hear the sounds but the screen is all yellow.
Mm....Try a more recent or different REV?
And the url of the video is invalid ._.
Okay, I think I see the problem. My Graphics card is an Intel one, and I heard those suck. So I guess I need to find a better one. The problem with that is whenever I try to get a Nvidia one, when it actually begins the real setup, it says that there's no hardware compatible with it. I have ATI, but whenever I try to use the ATI plugin in the same folder as dolphin, but it won't appear when in the plugins. I was able to get Nvidia 3D, but I'm having the same problem. How do I make it an option? My current graphics card is
Intel ® G33/31 Express Chipset Family.
Okay, I'm using a different computer now and it's Graphics Card is 128 MB ATI RADION X600 SE. When I try it on my 4525 version, it seems to work okay, and the cutscenes are a bit fuzzy, but great none-the-less. But when I try to actually play, all the graphics are 1 or 2 colors, mainly a staticish look with dark blue and black. It's also running 1-20 fps, so it's not working too good. Any suggestions? I have optimize quantizers and dual core on.
Pages: 1 2