Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't start anygame with OpenGL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.
I'm trying to start some games (Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros) in my friend's pc but the games just don't start. After clicking the game, Dolphin just close.
When I change the renderer from OpenGL to Software Renderer, both game starts, but too slow for playing.
I've already downloaded and installed the requirements (DirectX August 2009, Visual C++) but it keeps closing.
We're using Windows 7 64bit, and a powerful pc (Core2Quad, 4GB ram, etc).
What might be the problem?
Thanks for helping, and sorry for maybe a not so good english, i'm brazilian.
Try checking " use panic handlers "
Thank you, I'll try it.
No more sugestions?
He wanted you to enable it so that you could get an error message, and then post it.
It's possible your PC's graphics card can't do OpenGL 2.1, which Dolphin needs.
But you can always use the Direct3D9 plugin instead, by updating DirectX.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...layLang=en
I've figured the problem.
The message error is "Can't create opengl renderer...", and we're using an Intel GPU, wich is not supported by Dolphin.
It's really a shame having Dolphin not suporting a so powerful GPU like that (1GB)...
Also, I've already updated DirectX, but I still can't use it to play.
Even so, thanks for the help.
(01-29-2010, 08:41 AM)tricklouco Wrote: [ -> ]I've figured the problem.
The message error is "Can't create opengl renderer...", and we're using an Intel GPU, wich is not supported by Dolphin.
It's really a shame having Dolphin not suporting a so powerful GPU like that (1GB)...
LOL , Is a shame for you to have a crapy GPU like that ( It doesn't support OGL 2.1 , It can barely support DirectX )

(01-29-2010, 08:41 AM)tricklouco Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I've already updated DirectX, but I still can't use it to play.
Even so, thanks for the help.
That's weird , you should be able to use it after you updated your DirectX ( did you used the web installer or the the other installer ? )
(01-29-2010, 11:21 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]LOL , Is a shame for you to have a crapy GPU like that ( It doesn't support OGL 2.1 , It can barely support DirectX )
Damn, that should be a powerful GPU, since it's a really powerful pc.

(01-29-2010, 11:21 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]That's weird , you should be able to use it after you updated your DirectX ( did you used the web installer or the the other installer ? )
I've download the Redistributable (August 2009) directly from Microsoft's site than installed it.