Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Fullscreen Problem (Zooming too much!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, I've been using Dolphin-x64-r4886. It's fine for most games, at least the ones on the compat list. New Super Mario Bros. is fine running at a good 55-60 FPS in full screen mode, as do most games.

My problem is with the newer SVN's, when I go into full screen mode, it's like it zooms in too far, all I can see is the top left corner of the screen. Please see attached picture to see what I mean.

[attachment=2355]

This does NOT happen with r4886, JUST with anything newer than that. It happens with both plugins, DirectX and OpenGL, none of the settings seem to fix this.

As far as specs go, here's what's relevent:
AMD Phenom II X4 3.0 (O.C.'ed to 3.6Ghz)
8GB DDR3 1600 RAM (O.C.'ed)
2X nVidia 260 GTX Core 216
Win Vista x64 Ultimate

Drivers, DirectX, C++ Libraries all seem to be current. Other applications don't do this in full screen, just NEWER Dolphin versions. Other similar HLE emulators are just fine in full screen mode. And I've searched for 2 days now for info on how to fix this or if anyone else is even experiencing this.

Sorry if it's something painfully obvious that I'm overlooking, I've only been really using this emulator for about a week, so forgive my noobishness. And by the way, this software is revolutionary (no pun intended), it really is impressive. Kudos to the Dev community.

kdb424

Have you tried changing any settings, is i just wii games or both gamecube, and have you changed any plugins? Just trying to get a better idea and track the problem better.
(01-25-2010, 12:30 PM)kdb424 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried changing any settings, is i just wii games or both gamecube, and have you changed any plugins? Just trying to get a better idea and track the problem better.

I've tried all sorts of resolutions, different settings in both plugins.

It happens with all games, be it WADs, Wii, Gamecube. I mainly use only NTSC games if that's of any importance. Also I'm outputting to an HDTV 47" set to 1920X1080X32 at 60Hz via DVI to HDMI cable.

Settings don't seem to help. I've tried both Orleans and Mamario builds. Any suggestions are welcomed. I hate being stuck with an older build, as the newer builds seem more stable, I just can't get that full screen working =(

Edit: Seems rendering to main window is helping, I can full screen it without the problem, but then I have the taskbar still present unless I tell windows to hide it or not place it over other windows. Seems like a cheap temporary fix so far, but I still get better performance in the older SVN in real full screen mode, just that it pretty much crashes when I ALT+Enter out of full screen.
ALT + TAB gives me issues on full screen, "device lost"

WiiHD

I have been experiencing the full screen view appearing zoomed in an these newer SVNs. I too am using HDMI to a 1080P 60Hz TV. The older builds (4886ish) don't have this problem. I've also tried many settings and resolutions but the only thing that seems to work in the newer SVNs is to render to main window. No other software displays this behavior.

AMD Athlon II X4
ATI HD 5770
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
HDMI > AVR > HDTV (1080p, 60Hz)
Curiously, you're using an ATI GPU, while I use nVidia. So we can rule out some kind of video card issue I suppose. I have mine running in Vanilla SLI (Need a bigger PSU for Tri SLI, have the 3rd card waiting) this is said to hurt Dolphin and other HLE's but I doubt so much that it would cause the zooming. None the less, I will turn it off later today just to rule it out, and see if it gives me any more FPS in Twilight Princess, which at it's worse gives me an abysmal 17 FPS (Talking both GC and Wii versions, NTSC).

No other emulators are giving me this issue in full screen. NullDC is showing up just fine, as is PCSX2. Others that are usually a pain in the @$$ have all been behaving nicely as well. I recently updated nVidia drivers this week as well (New one released on their website).
Have you tried the Widescreen Hack in the GPu options?

WiiHD

(01-28-2010, 02:23 AM)abfab126 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried the Widescreen Hack in the GPu options?

I'm not sure, but I will take a look tonight. Thanks for the suggestion.
(01-28-2010, 02:23 AM)abfab126 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried the Widescreen Hack in the GPu options?

Just tried it, same problem. So, no it didn't fix it.

EDIT: Now it's doing it as well in Render in main window SVN R 4971 -.-

WiiHD

Yeah, widescreen hack doesn't fix the problem. I toggled through many aspect ratio, resolution, and other settings and I found the best way to fill my 1080 screen is to use windowed mode at 720p.

Full screen was so very nice when it worked. Is it time to file a ticket?
Pages: 1 2