Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Wario Land - Shake It
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Shake function works flawless on Rev 4471 for me with wario land shake it, but Dolphin 3.0 Shake works for all games i've played so far with the unfortunate exception of wario land shake it..

Gaijin

r7271 - shake function works

r7272 and later (3.0-441 tested) - shake function not work

the shadow 33

The shake function still not working even with the latest revisions .. Could someone please check this problem in this game . Thank you
The best way to get this to work on a gamepad or mouse+keyboard imo is to use the emulated motion plus dolphin build that was linked here for Zelda Skyward Sword. It seems to have better options for IR movement, and you can bind thrust up/down to get the shake to work really well. I spent ages trying to bind shake buttons for this and it was futile, this method seems to work 9/10 times, easily.

Anyway here's the thread with the emulator, just copy the exe onto the latest dolphin release : http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=20167

Open the Wiimote screen and go to THRUST - bind up/down to something ( I used the y axis on my left gamepad stick). You need to use these to do the shake, and the ground slam. There is a very precise input for these, so be ready to get used to it. The shake requires light movement, almost just a wiggle up and down. To keep it in the shaking state you have to maintain this slight wiggle, if you push the stick too far up or down it will just stop shaking.

To do the ground slam is a bit trickier - push the stick gently up and then very quickly push gently down. Again, pressing it too much will prevent it from working.

As far as I know, this doesn't work AT ALL with a keyboard, you need some kind of axis/stick to do this reliably.

Oh and for directional fire go to Rotate-> and bind roll left/right. You don't need a nunchuck for this game.

Remember that savestates load keybinds as well, and changing keybinds with this setup while the game is running can crash dolphin.
This game works perfectly with latest revisions. No need for MotionPlus build, i was able to use shake with X-Box 360 pad RT trigger just fine.
Not sure about keyboard, i use keyboard only for 2nd player in fighting games where controls are digital in most cases.
A new thread has been created to replace this one. Please direct all further questions here --> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-wii...-dimension
Pages: 1 2