Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: OpenGL Renderer Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dragonlizard89

Hi.

When I try to load a game (Tales of Symphonia) it gives me a message saying "Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info," and then Dolphin crashes.

I have an NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS, and its drivers are pretty recent.

Any idea what this means or how to fix this?
This question has been asked and answered over a 100 times. Read the forums, esp the stickies.

Oehr

well i still have this error message.

im running windows vista sp1 x64
gfx: G80 8800GTS 640MB
cpu: E6600

i ran the directx updater and it told be everythings already uptodate and the x64 version vc++ was already installed(i clicked repair).

though its still the same.
i tested the following drivers:
182.05 182.06 182.08 182.50 185.66 185.68

help anyone?
There's only 3 things that can cause that error..

1) You didn't fully download and install Microsot DirectX Updater & VC++ 2008 SP1
2) Your graphics drivers need to be updated
3) Your graphics card isn't compatible with Dolphin.

If you've done everything you said you did, it should work. Nothing else you can do. I'd suggest going over everything again. Also, you can go to this site http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/download.html, choose your OS and download & run the program. Have it test OpenGL on your graphics card and make sure it detects it can support 2.1

Oehr

ERROR: OpenGL Internal Error
Code -4, GL Context creation error

though dolphin did work on my machine quite well before...
What game(s) are you trying to run? It looks like it's having a problem rendering graphics with OpenGL.

Oehr

i tried tp (wii), tww and ikaruga. (all pal games)

im now uninstalling all vc++ 08 packages and reinstall all of those (both x64 and x86)

EDIT: did not work...
All nVidia Graphic Cards support by Dolphin-Emu nether have OpenGL 2.1 or older..nVidia supported by dolphin emulator and opengl plugin..At last you need opengl 2.1 to play with OpenGL Plug..

They don't really need vc++ packs to run emulator anyway...If Plugin can't render OpenGL its Driver problem nothing else...Operating System x64 is full supported by this emulator.., but if you want my advice guys.., Use Dolphin with IL x86 in x64 OS System

Dolphin.exe x64 run great in x64 Vista OS but if your run Dolphin IL you got 2 3 fps uper than x64 Dolphin.exe version.For me 3 fps its to many : )

Google a little more for nVidia Drivers guys the Official nVidia Drivers made for Money only is little unsupported with many nVidia Chipset Models

[color=#4682B4]Little solution
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/[/color]