Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What's your CPU rank?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

On the verge of buying a laptop with one of the new mobile i7, but I can't seem to find any benchmarks/youtube videos of dolphin with it.

Thing is, I'm faced with the option to choose between the 720qm (rank 79) or the 820qm (rank 60) for an adicional 240€. I know I would be using the aditional performance on apps like 3DS Max or ZBrush, but being a performance killer on Dolphin would make me jump the trigger.

Link:
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

So, what I'm asking is the following, do the test, tell what's your rank on that chart, and tell of one of the most demanding games you've ever emulated, and how well does it run.

Could we do this? Big Grin

I'll do it aswell as soon as I get my new lappie Big Grin

Edit: The Dual Core T2330 1,6Ghz I currently have on my laptop got a score of 258.1, just slightly over a P4 at 2.0Ghz :facepalm:
No need to say I haven't even tried Dolphin in this laptop.
Passmark Rank 305 Rank 729.
Star Fox Assault is the game I can play whit decent and constantly speed.
PassMark Rating: 641.3

Rank 129.. Funny, my CPU mark is 1137 but that puts it in the 2.0Ghz range
(01-24-2010, 09:03 AM)LReyomeXX Wrote: [ -> ]PassMark Rating: 641.3

Rank 129.. Funny, my CPU mark is 1137 but that puts it in the 2.0Ghz range
Well, it all depends on the arquitecture. A 1.8Ghz Core2Duo can easily outrank a 2.0Ghz Core Duo (older arquitecture).

Same way as an i7 720qm, which only goes as far as 2.4Ghz with 2 cores working, can outrank a T9800 (dual 2.9Ghz).
Core 2 Duo E8600, Ranked 114.
Overclocked to 3.66Ghz, Windows rates it a 6.9 out of a possible 7.9
Phenom 955 II X4, Ranked 51 Smile

Wow Intel leads strongly ....hate intel Big Grin
(01-24-2010, 11:48 PM)Necrogoth Wrote: [ -> ]Phenom 955 II X4, Ranked 51 Smile

Ooh, that's close enough from the one I'm getting, are you able to play SMG flawlessly?
(01-25-2010, 03:33 AM)Skilgannon Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2010, 11:48 PM)Necrogoth Wrote: [ -> ]Phenom 955 II X4, Ranked 51 Smile

Ooh, that's close enough from the one I'm getting, are you able to play SMG flawlessly?

i havent played SMG yet..
But i think it will run niceSmile..
All games i ever played on dolhin runs more then good..

For example: New Super Mario Bros Wii, Zelda Wind Waker, Super Smash Bros Brawl & Melee...all games run flawlessly Smile
My processor can run Mario Galaxy full speed at times, other times great with a frameskip of 1. Big Grin
New Super Mario Bros Wii, Smash Bros Brawl, also flawlessly.

Mind you Dolphin can't take advantage of a Quad Core like it can a Dual Core, it's possible my Dual Core @ 3.66ghz will out perform your Quad Core @ 3.2Ghz, but then your processor might have a much better architecture, I don't know much about AMDs.
It appears to be 10
Pages: 1 2