Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: multiple cores/quad core support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

A newbie around the forum, I'm curious about this, is there some hidden option, or will dolphin have support added or, it should already suport multiple cores?

I have an i5 720 and here it manages to use only 2 cores fully (thou browsing around i've seem this is already a very good thing, considering some people don't get a good use of 2 cores combined).

Just a small curious (cause while opengl lags like hell here, direct3d can't play some games i wanted with more then half speed).

=)
Dual core support is already in place however from what I know Quad Core will not be implemented because there is no optimization in speed that can be gained from it as none of the other instructions game be spread on the other cores. The DSP however I believe is on it's own core (correct me if I'm wrong).
you buy a core i5 750 just to play games at HALF speed? xD
with my phenom2 x4 i can play most of the games at fullspeed...
you must be doing something wrong imo.
what graphics card do you use?
(01-23-2010, 01:59 PM)FloW3184 Wrote: [ -> ]you buy a core i5 750 just to play games at HALF speed? xD
with my phenom2 x4 i can play most of the games at fullspeed...
you must be doing something wrong imo.
what graphics card do you use?

hd4770

Well, some games yes =)

the deal is that, i have faith in emulating those not popular games at all that usually are not watched for fixes =)

Most times the d3d works at great speed here while opengl in most times just gives me half speed of d3d's -.- (for example, in ju-on I get 30 fps with d3d and 20~15 with opengl).

Although in some games (like Calling kuroki chakushin) the recent builds 4920 and newer have showed an improve at frame rate running at full speed with opengl (previous builds would give me a 12 fps rate for this game + opengl ) =)

Anyways both cores in use here, what seems to make stuff slow thou i believe is the processor itself, cause when running dolphin i get no change in performance from rendering @ 640x480 to 1920x1080 in the slow games.

My main question was replied thou, that was why aren't other cores used =). Now if u think u can point me out something i might be doing wrong I'm really glad and await any help =)
Threading is hard fyi.
i5 750 nets me full speed in all my games, with wiisports going at 500fps. There must be something wrong with your system.