Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Strange low FPS in New Super Mario Bros with Dolphin x64 r 4911
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Opletromot

I get at least 60 FPS with Excite Bike Wii, Alien Hominid (300FPS, in fact), A Boy And His Blob, Animal Crossing (50 FPS), etc.

But I get 20/25 FPS, and noticeable slowdown, with WiiPlay (blurred screen with WiiPlay too), New Super Mario Bros and Viewtiful Joe 2.

What can I do to speed up those games, and other more graphically intensive games, specially New Super Mario Bros?

Specs:
- Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16GHz
- ATI Radeon Asus EAH4850
- 4 Gigabytes of RAM
- Motherboard ASUS P5Q SE
- 550W Power Supply
- 1 Terabyte Hard Drive (no idea about the specs, but it was the fastest in 2009)
- Windows Vista x64

(Which is pretty much the Recommended Dolphin Budget Build)

- Dolphin x64 r4911 compiled by Orleans
getting the d3dp plugin to work is half of the way (and since some newer versions dont have anymore that problem with characters bodys' shadow, i think there's no more graphical errors when using it, at least there wasnt any when it was working with me)
then check copy efb to texture

this makes nsmb to work smoothly even in a slow machine like mine (intel core2duo e4500 @ 2,2ghx) (at least when playing, because here when i press - to choose a world i gets slow, and i think its slow in the world 4 or 5 overworld)
I've been noticing some odd slowdown in New Super Mario Bros myself actually.
I just installed a new Core 2 Duo E8600 today, overclocked to 3.66ghz right now, and the map screen slows down to 30FPS for some reason.

It's weird but it's a 50/50 thing when booting the game, sometimes when I stop the game and restart it, I get full speed on the map...

Oh yeah, EFB Copy to Texture, Direct3D9 plugin.
Maybe it's because of the frame limiter, because it says 100%, even when only 30 fps here:
http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...%20limiter

Opletromot

Thanks, D3D9 plugin + EFB Copy to Texture worked perfectly! I get 60 FPS in New Super Mario Bros and all the other games. It also resolved the graphical problems in WiiPlay.

Again, thanks!
Oh, and btw, setting the frame limiter to 120 solved the slowdown in Viewtiful Joe 2.