Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: two "public:" declerations in timer.h?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been browsing the dolphin source code recently and found this in timer.h (and mods, before you ban me, I have read the rules of the other forum and deleted the other post... sorry Blush):

Code:
class Timer
{
public:
        Timer();

void Start();
        void Stop();
        void Update();

// The time difference is always returned in milliseconds, regardless of alternative internal representation
        u64 GetTimeDifference();
        void AddTimeDifference();
        void WindBackStartingTime(u64 WindBack);

static void IncreaseResolution();
        static void RestoreResolution();
        static u64 GetTimeSinceJan1970();
        static u64 GetLocalTimeSinceJan1970();
        static double GetDoubleTime();

static std::string GetTimeFormatted();
        std::string GetTimeElapsedFormatted() const;
        u64 GetTimeElapsed();

public:
        u64 m_LastTime;
        u64 m_StartTime;
        u64 m_frequency;
        bool m_Running;
};

Is there any reason why the data members are under a seperate "public:" declaration? Why not simply have the data members (I mean the last 4 variables if I'm using the term incorrectly) under the other "public:"? Forgive me if this has been answered before, I tried searching the forum but I couldn't find anything relating to this, and sorry if I'm wasting your time with such a foolish questions, I'm just studying computer science at a local community college and quite frankly I find Dolphin fascinating and often look through the code (even though I don't understand too much of it yet).
I think that second one was meant to be private: .