Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Suggestions on Games based on PC specs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My specs, which are located in my signature, have been begging me to ask the questions "What games would run at or near full speed on my PC, and with what settings?"

Here's the list of games I currently have, and the speeds I average:

Super Mario Sunshine - Usually I get 92-97% on this one, worst fps drop being during the initial introduction to Delfino Plaza, after the trial and prison cutscenes.
Zelda: Wind Waker - The only area I have any issue with speed is the outside areas, depending on size. Usually I get between 45-55 in the outside areas, depending on size.
Zelda: Twilight Princess GC - Forest Temple runs consistantly around 95%, the Twilight Realm runs about 50fps. In the foggy area outside Forest Temple and Twilight-ed areas in the Normal Realm and some cutscenes, I am lucky if I get 7 fps.
Metroid Prime: Opening scene with ship slows to a crawl at 9fps near the end, training area runs 95%, game load screen and title to game load screen transition runs about 50%
Zelda: Four Swords Adventures - Slows to 85% in selection of Hyrule Adventure and Vs screen. Opening story runs about 85%

I use the D3D9 Plugin because the OpenGL plugin has caused random crashes in Dolphin when playing Super Mario Sunshine and Zelda Twilight Princess. The OpenGL plugin works great in Z:WW. The opening credit screens in Super Mario Sunshine run overspeed (up to 600%) with the D3D plugin. There is also some slight overspeeding with Twilight Princess GC game selection screen and TV check screen. I fixed that by changing the games internal options (game specific fix screen).

I started using bare bones builds because Orleans builds IMO were giving me speed issues, so I figured that bare bones may be faster. I have Orleans builds 4465, 4727, and 4783, as well as bare bones builds 4844 and 4861, and the official 4525. I may see how Z:TP works in Orleans latest builds and see if I can get better then the 7 fps in the twilight dressed regular world.
check this thread: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-6199.html

but you processor is giving you a bottleneck

randall

Hi naroth,
That's a good piece of advice. I had some problems regarding the speeds but I think the information in the link that you provided would be of a great help to me. Thanks for your effort to extend the helping hand. Keep the good work going.