Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: XP vs Vista vs 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just wanted to know which one of these is the best for running Dolphin, whether its XP 32, 64, or Vista 32, 64, or 7 32, 64.
If you know which is best from your personal experience, please be kind to add your system specs along with the build you're using.
Thanks a lot Smile
I don't think it really matters what OS Dolphin runs on but you should use a 64 bit version. I would choose Windows 7 x64 since it's the newest OS and doesn't suck. I've read an article on XP vs Vista vs 7 gaming performance somewhere and XP beat all of them on a low end machine with 7 in second and Vista in last. On a high end machine 7 came first, then XP, then Vista.
then am sorry to ask this but do you think these specs would go under the high end or the low end machines ?
Amd turion 64 x2 2.4ghz
2GB of ram
mobility HD radeon 3870

am sorry about this XD
Should be high end, I guess. The best choice for you is to get Win 7 x64
thnx am gonna give it a try to see if it gives my emulation a boost, do you have any other tweaks that I could do within my windows that could help ?? thanks again