Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Game working one day, black screen the next day?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know what to make of this at all. One day I was happily playing Klonoa under XP. Then I decided to install Win7 on a separate drive just to see if the performance would be better. Klonoa would not work in Win7, regardless of what settings, what driver, what version. It wouldn't even work using the win32 version I'd been using before, with WinXP compatibility on. Other games worked.

Fine, I thought, I'll go back to XP. But now it doesn't work in XP either. Regardless of settings, version, etc. Other games that used to work still work. I have also eliminated and replaced the entire image file, on a different drive, just in case there was a chance of some sort of corruption, but that fixed nothing.

I get a black screen. Direct3D9 gets stuck "loading" the image. OpenGL loads it, gives me fps, and consumes the cpu, but still a black screen. If "use real XFB" is on, I get cpu etc. info in yellow text at the top, at least. But still a black screen.

I am familiar with the phenomenon of this emulator being unpredictable with regard to how well it utilizes cpu and how compatible it is, but I still never would have guessed that a specific game would be playable on a particular day and unplayable the next day. I challenge anyone to expect that sort of conundrum. For now, about the only thing I can envision trying is another attempt tomorrow. Perhaps it's one of those every-other-day things.