Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: game speed.too fast? too slow?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, first off great work guys this emulator is very nice, i couldnt imagine i could run gamecube on my laptop, awesome.

i know the emulator still has a long way to go but i think its pretty good right now, i was just wondering what everyones views or experiances are with regards to game speed.

my laptop is pretty lame, for example when playing tales of symphonia i get following speed

town : 60fps
battles : 25(big battle) 55fps (small battle)
cut scene : 30fps 9which i think might be normal i dunno

anyway this is mostly thanks to idle skipping lol, now i was dyin to increase speed a little bit and i heard that if u disable other audio u get mad fps and still sound, so i did and wow yeah, battles now go crazy like 75fps, but this is my problem, how can i limit this speed without making it run slow, i cant seem to get a middle ground, is there other audio plugins maybe?

or maybe older version has this option?
hello... turn off ur "idle skiping" and turn on ur "other audio(throttle)" on ur dsp, ull get normal speed all the time

in order to get normal speed u need other audio on, but actualy it gets buggy and laggy wen combined with idle skiping, however it doesnt happens to the wii emulation, but for all the gc titles ull need to turn off idle skipping in order to turn on other audio and get to normal speed in case ur running too fast, if running too slow ull need to turn idle skip on and turn other audio off.

well in case of tales of symphonia, if u turn other audio off the audio will become buggy and ugly, so ull need turn this on, but if u turn idle skip ull actualy get lower frame rates than u would rly get.... got it?

ok so try it =P
(04-15-2009, 02:38 AM)hakunushi Wrote: [ -> ]hello... turn off ur "idle skiping" and turn on ur "other audio(throttle)" on ur dsp, ull get normal speed all the time

in order to get normal speed u need other audio on, but actualy it gets buggy and laggy wen combined with idle skiping, however it doesnt happens to the wii emulation, but for all the gc titles ull need to turn off idle skipping in order to turn on other audio and get to normal speed in case ur running too fast, if running too slow ull need to turn idle skip on and turn other audio off.

well in case of tales of symphonia, if u turn other audio off the audio will become buggy and ugly, so ull need turn this on, but if u turn idle skip ull actualy get lower frame rates than u would rly get.... got it?

ok so try it =P

tried it, unfortunatly no change, same fps but sound was stuttery. guess i'll just keep playin in slow mo for now, its only annoyin on big battles, tos is an awesome game.
I think laptop CPUs are unsupported cos I have same problems too
and many ppl told me that would be coz its laptop

- enable idle skipping
- get lastest version
- get desktop (lol)