Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: My wii pointer doesn't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone tell me why my mouse doesn't act as a wii pointer wen I move it nothing happens.I have a wii and I toyed to use it but it doesn't move too.Only the 1,2,1,b botens work.Please help me.I know it's not a big problem but wen I try to play some game that needs shaking I don't know whate to do
It could be related to any number of things. Most likely though, the game is just randomly rejecting your Wiimote, and the solution is to restart the game until it JustWorks™.

If you're not using a real Wiimote for Dolphin (sounds like you want to use the mouse) try unchecking "Connect Real Wiimote" in the wiimote plugin, just to be safe. Also, check on a game that we all know works well (Wii Sports is a great example, it came with your Wii and everyone with a Wii should already have it, and as an added bonus it emulates quite well speed aside) and make sure the pointer issues aren't specific to just a particular game.

When using a *real* wiimote, remember that you need a sensor bar for pointing to work. You can use the one attached to your Wii if its on, but you can also use any other two sources of IR light, there are a few threads floating around about making a home-made one. I personally just bought a cheap wireless one and use that for my PC.

And finally, remember that Dolphin is still in a pretty early stage. They've come a *very long* way, and a great number of games boot and play very well, but most games have little issues here and there. It's normal, it's expected, and you kind of just learn to deal with it. If you can narrow it down to a specific game (or better yet, specific circumstances) it can help the devs to track down what's *really* causing the issue, but sometimes you just have to be patient and wait for the fix to come around on its own.

Good luck, post more details if you have them. (Operating system? 32bit or 64bit? Graphics card?)