Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Question about Paired Singles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am working on my game mod to a Gamecube game, where I use psq_l instruction to dequantize a u16 to double.

However, I found that it seems to dequantize data in an unexpected way:
Code:
; Before executing the instruction
;   [r26] = 00 0c 00 0c ....
;   qr4 = 0x00060006

psq_l p0, 2(r26), 1, qr4

; After executing the instruction:
;   p0 = 0000000000000000 3ff0000000000000 // expected 4028000000000000 3ff0000000000000
According to the Gekko spec and the document on wiibrew, should the instruction write 12.0 to f0?
Your result is unexpected to me too.

How are you checking what the result is? Is it by placing a breakpoint in Dolphin's debugger? If so, what version of Dolphin are you using?
(05-07-2024, 01:53 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Your result is unexpected to me too.

How are you checking what the result is? Is it by placing a breakpoint in Dolphin's debugger? If so, what version of Dolphin are you using?

Yes, I placed a breakpoint on address.
In fact I could tell the result is unexpected even without the breakpoint, as I was trying to modify the damage formula and it always give 0 damage.
I am using 5.0-20213.
Well I guess I should try to open an issue on github instead.

Edit:
Hmm... just noticed that the repo do not allowing people report issues.
If you want to submit a bug report, you can do it at https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/projects/emulator
Is it possible to save the game on a PC so that you can continue from the right moment? There is such an option on Android, but I couldn’t find it on a computer.
(05-12-2024, 04:29 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to submit a bug report, you can do it at https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/projects/emulator

Okay, I will give it a try.
Many thanks for your helps.
(05-13-2024, 12:04 AM)TheKost Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to save the game on a PC so that you can continue from the right moment? There is such an option on Android, but I couldn’t find it on a computer.

Sorry for the late reply.
You means save states? It should be available from the emulation tab iirc.
But I am not pretty sure if it's allowed to share a save state here.