Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What's the maximum FPS can i get?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys! Big Grin I was playing Dolphin in our school PC but i have a problem.
My specs are here 
Processor: Intel® Core™ İ3 2310M (3 MB Intel® Smart Cache, 2.1 GHz)

Graphics card: Intel® HD Graphics 3000

Ram: DDR3 4GB So-Dimm type

Screen: 60Hz
Settings i use
Dual Core enabled
Lowest Resolution
Force Pal-60 disabled
Force 4:3 enabled

So, my problem is i can't get 30fps it only gives me 25 FPS but i saw some people playing 60fps in their 1gb ram PC with a GTX 1070. Can i get 60 (or even 30) FPS in Dolphin?
That PC is pretty old at this point, I doubt you can get it running much better.
I suggest looking at the following thread which uses a very similar configuration to yours and I gave some very lengthy information, though you can ignore me specifically talking about PrimeHack (unless you've actually interest in playing the Metroid Prime series):

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-wh...-preme-too

However, considering this is a school computer, you're probably stuck with whatever RAM configuration they're using—hopefully it's dual channel (you can check this via CPU-Z (PortableApps version) in its "Memory" tab),

And I'm going to guess these school computers are running Windows, meaning you'll be stuck with Intel's much poorer OpenGL graphics drivers unless you've got a spare large USB drive and are actually able to straight-up boot from it (because, at least in the example of Linux Mint mentioned in the above thread, you can have the actual installation for the OS itself on a USB drive and I don't mean the installer/live ISO, though you can do that too but that'd require a second USB drive).