Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Control disconnects and will not reconnect on load or save state
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am having an issue with my control disconnecting and not reconnecting after loading or saving a save state.  Even if I close and re-open the emulator, then load the game and load the save state, my controls will still be disconnected and unable to reconnect.  If anyone has experienced this issue before and come across a solution, any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!
Is it a specific game this is happening in, or any game with save states? It sounds like this is happening to a Wiimote connection, are you using a bluetooth adapter with pass-through mode?
(04-28-2024, 04:53 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Is it a specific game this is happening in, or any game with save states? It sounds like this is happening to a Wiimote connection, are you using a bluetooth adapter with pass-through mode?

No, I'm using a PS3 controller.  The game is Resident Evil Zero on Gamecube.  I also noticed when i attempt to switch discs I was losing controls also.  When you mentioned pass-through mode I checked the controller settings and found a checkbox option for "Background Input" which seems to have resolved the issue with the save states at least.  Will try changing the disc next.  

Didn't have reply notifications checked so didn't think anyone replied until I checked just now.  Thank you!  Big Grin

EDIT: Just checked and I still have control after changing discs as well. Looks like it was just that option being unchecked. Thanks again!