Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Issue with Dolphin and Steam overlay: Gyroscope for Xinput
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[color=#dbdee1]I need help with Dolphin and Steam. I have Dolphin linked to Steam so that games have the Steam overlay, and I have an issue with Wii games and controls. The problem is that Wii games are the only ones where, when pressing the GUIDE button and opening the Steam interface, the game can still be controlled while navigating through the interface options. I have several emulators linked to Steam, and this is the only one where this happens, because Steam Input always emulates an Xbox 360 controller detected in Dolphin. If this controller is correctly mapped, the game works smoothly and has no inconsistencies with the Steam interface. The issue is that since an Xbox 360 controller is detected, it doesn't allow configuring the gyroscope and accelerometer options, even if the controller has those functionalities. There's the alternative of using DSU Client for the gyroscope to work, but Dolphin creates a separate section exclusively for DSU Client controls, while the section belonging to Steam remains the Xbox 360 controller. This results in what I mentioned earlier, where the game is controlled properly, but when opening the Steam interface, the game continues to be controlled in the background when it shouldn't. In the Switch emulator, for example, this error doesn't occur and works perfectly because it detects the Steam Xbox 360 controller, and through cemuhook, the gyroscope is added, unlike Dolphin, which separates the DSU Client. Does anyone know how I could make the gyroscope usable in the control, but consistent with the Steam interface, and not have the game being controlled in the background while navigating the interface?[/color]
I need help with Dolphin and Steam. I have Dolphin linked to Steam so that games have the Steam overlay, and I have an issue with Wii games and controls. The problem is that Wii games are the only ones where, when pressing the GUIDE button and opening the Steam interface, the game can still be controlled while navigating through the interface options. I have several emulators linked to Steam, and this is the only one where this happens, because Steam Input always emulates an Xbox 360 controller detected in Dolphin. If this controller is correctly mapped, the game works smoothly and has no inconsistencies with the Steam interface. The issue is that since an Xbox 360 controller is detected, it doesn't allow configuring the gyroscope and accelerometer options, even if the controller has those functionalities. There's the alternative of using DSU Client for the gyroscope to work, but Dolphin creates a separate section exclusively for DSU Client controls, while the section belonging to Steam remains the Xbox 360 controller. This results in what I mentioned earlier, where the game is controlled properly, but when opening the Steam interface, the game continues to be controlled in the background when it shouldn't. In the Switch emulator, for example, this error doesn't occur and works perfectly because it detects the Steam Xbox 360 controller, and through cemuhook, the gyroscope is added, unlike Dolphin, which separates the DSU Client. Does anyone know how I could make the gyroscope usable in the control, but consistent with the Steam interface, and not have the game being controlled in the background while navigating the interface?