Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Playing Fire Emblem Path of Radiance and I have some questions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Smile

This is my very first post here, nice to meet you all! 

I have browsed the forum and tried my best to understand it's functioning but I'm not sure I got it right. 

If I have done something wrong or posted in the wrong place, please let me know so I can fix my mistake Smile

Also English isn't my first language so apologies of there are any mistakes or weird turns of phrases, I just don't see them sometimes. 

Sooo, I've  recently installed dolphin for android and I've been having fun playing Fire Emblem Path of Radiance again. (Little fun fact it's the first game I've EVER played on something other than a Gameboy and I fell in love, I have several games from the franchise but this one is my absolute number one favorite, and the game on my gamecube still works hehe). (but let's be honest it's easier to play on computer or mobile). 

Alright I'm getting to the point. 

So, the problem is that the game crashes EVERY TIME I'm almost done finished with Chapter 26 (gosh it's soooo frustrating ?). (and since there's no save button, I can't even go back to where I was and have to start the ENTIRE chapter all over again... Which is a total of 7 times now. And I gave up for now because it was driving me nuts to the point of not being able to sleep). 

So, I got the idea to transfer the save from my phone to my laptop, hoping it would solve the issue? ? (I thought, play, pass the chapter on computer then put the save on phone again and keep playing? ?) 

The thing is that, I THINK? that the save from my phone is in Phone > Android > data > org. dolphinmenu.dolphinmenu > files > GC > EUR > CARD A. And the file is named 01-GFEP-FIREEMBLEM8.CGI ?? Or am I mistaken? 

If I'm right, when I search on my computer, the path I find is Computer > Documents > Dolphin Emulator > and the file is : MemoryCardA.eur.raw  
(there isn't anything in the EUR file.) So since the files don't have the same extension how do I go about transferring my save from my phone to my computer? 

And I'm not even sure it will not still crash? But that's the only thing I could think of.

Also, info that might be important, My phone has a very full memory, so it's very possible that it's the reason why the game crashes.

Thank you for the answers, help or just reading Smile 

TL;DR : Been playing Fire Emblem Path Of Radiance on Dolphin android. Game keeps Crashing around the end of chapter 26. Being frustrated decided to to transfer my save from android to PC but don't know how to do it because the file isn't the same and I'm a beginner with all that. 

PS : I HAVE ADHD and I know I'm annoying and all over the place but I'm doing my best. I'm sorry ? 

Anyway, I wish you a fantastic day! Smile)
Dolphin is using a .raw folder because you have config -> gamecube -> slot a configured as a memory card on PC, but on android you are using the newer GCI folder. IIRC if you switch to GCI folder for the first time it should transfer your memcard saves. You can also use tools -> memory card manager to import/export GCI files to a raw.

Also you should verify your iso (right click, properties, verify, verify). You could also try disabling dual core.