Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Need help with controller config functions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When it comes to functions in the controller config the proper syntax (as well as what most of the functions do) is completely lost on me.

Could anyone tell me a code for GC control mapping to make it so a button causes a double tap dash input (ie: forward, forward) but has it so when the button is held down the second forward input stays held down?
(This is to have a single button work as a dash and a run in NGNT4 / SCON4.)

I found a way with the timer function to have a button loop the dash input by holding the button, but I have no idea how to make holding a button translates into forward, forward(hold) instead.

Any help would be immensely appreciated.
There's probably a more elegant way, but this works:

Code:
`Right`&!hold(`Right`,0.1)|hold(`Right`,0.2)
(04-18-2024, 12:10 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]There's probably a more elegant way, but this works:

Code:

Thank you so much!
(04-18-2024, 12:10 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]There's probably a more elegant way, but this works:

Code:

If I could spare more of your time, there's a small issue where if back is being held (to block/walk backward), pressing the button to backdash won't result in anything (same thing for walking forward and pressing the button for forward-dash/run, no dash will occur). So the character has to be neutral to activate the button dash macros with the above code.
Is there workaround code to allow button dashes to activate when already holding forward or back, or is this limitation kinda baked in?

Thank you again for what you provided already, and it suffices! I have a friend who struggles doing double-taps fast enough to register as dashes even when using a D-pad in most fighters, so this was of great help, but I'm wondering if more kinks can be ironed out, so to say.

(I was also curious if there's a way to make it so one button always does backdashes while the other always does fdashes in a fighting game regardless which side of the screen the character is facing, but I imagine something like that would be way harder to implement in the controller config if it's even possible.)