Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Stuttering when running with a high refresh rate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've noticed that games tend to stutter quite a bit when I run them at a refresh rate above 60hz. Is this normal? My PC display is 165hz and the ROG Ally is 120hz and both exhibit stuttering unless I set the refresh rate to 60hz.
Try to enable gsync in the control panel for your desktop. Depending on the monitor your might need to use a displayport cable for it work. This is assuming that you monitor does support a from of variable refresh rate freesync/gsync. You could also see if the handheld does also. It might be sync issue with dolphin 50-60 refresh output depending if the game is pal or ntsc and the display
(04-15-2024, 09:03 AM)themaster123 Wrote: [ -> ]Try to enable gsync in the control panel for your desktop. Depending on the monitor your might need to use a displayport cable for it work. This is assuming that you monitor does support a from of variable refresh rate freesync/gsync. You could also see if the handheld does also. It might be sync issue with dolphin 50-60 refresh output depending if the game is pal or ntsc and the display

Thanks for your reply. I do have gsync turned on my display though and freesync on the Ally.
Okay a is dolphin running in windows or fullscreen. Is vsync on or off. Depending on the setting for gsync for nvidia or freesync for amd in graphic card control panel, dolphin might need to be full screen to for vrr to operate. You could also make sure the graphic drivers are updated. What games are you playing and the monitor\cable your using on your desktop. Also see if this occur in the current build of dolphin.