Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: ARM64 - Random intermittent freezing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using dolphin for a little while now on my Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 5g (ARM version), and I've been able to sort out almost every issue I've had so far. However, one thing that continues across different games and different settings are these frustrating and random drops from 100% speed to 0 fps for a couple seconds, then a recovery back to 60 fps. This seems to be independent from performance, as recreating the same conditions twice doesn't often reproduce the freeze, but it happens intermittently while playing. Is there any way to fix this? I'll include a video of it happening:

It's hard to tell in the video, are you using the x64 or ARM64 version of Dolphin?

Do you have your Power plan set to high performance, and playing with the charger plugged in?
(04-14-2024, 03:43 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]It's hard to tell in the video, are you using the x64 or ARM64 version of Dolphin?

Do you have your Power plan set to high performance, and playing with the charger plugged in?

I'm using the ARM64 version of Dolphin, as noted in the title.

The issue persists regardless of what power plan I have set, or whether or not I have the charger plugged in, which is why I think it might be unrelated to performance.
I'm still not sure precisely what the issue was, but it appears to have something to do with the storage I was using. During freezes, my D: drive (SD card) would be pinned at 100%, and I found two ways to resolve the problem:

1. Move ROMs to C: drive
2. Disable "Emulate Disc Speed" in Game-Specific Settings

Genuinely unsure how or why #2 works, but work it does. Hope this eventually helps someone else with a similar issue.