Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Animal Crossing GCN continously crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I haven't played on Dolphin general for over 2 months now mainly because of boredom. However, I decided to finally start playing my old Animal Crossing Gamecube town for fun, but now the game keeps crashing on me for no reason. This has happened to me 4 times now and I'm just sick of it. I keep getting the same error message every time and I'm unable to play the game again. My only option is to restart it and get yelled at by Resetti again. And may I add that I've NEVER had this many crashing problems with Animal Crossing GCN nor Dolphin in general. This is just ridiculous at this point. If I may ask, did a recent update of Dolphin make the game unplayable? Because all of these errors and crashes have happened AFTER I installed the latest monthly update for Dolphin? Either way, if this can't get fixed, then I probably won't be using the emulator for a while again.

Note: This is the error message it keeps giving me: "Invalid read from 0x0853000f, PC = 0x803756ec"
What version of Dolphin are you using? Are you using Savestates or MemoryCard saves?
(04-12-2024, 07:35 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]What version of Dolphin are you using? Are you using Savestates or MemoryCard saves?

Save states as far I'm aware.
Hey dude. I came here for a 1920x1056 patch/ cheat, but could not found out how to create a new thread. If someone can point me out i appreciate.

It renders the objects, trees, fences, houses, as it was in 16:9 on stretch.

On my old phone, on OpenGL, I think I've disabled on config/advanced "syncronyze thread gpu" to never, not sure if I've disabled dual core as well.

I've got traumatized by reseti looool. He is really crazy. the newest games I've played can't compare to this one , specially with the texture pack and the villagers sassinasses.

Hope there is a remastered release to the switch+ somewhere in the future and they do not crap on the dolphin emulator, since i have no other way to play the game!!!

On vulkan with the dev turnip drivers, it runs faster and does not heat up and crash the phone on gen 8+ on dual core and on idle gpu thread so far. It is like browsing youtube.

Guess your are playing on windows, which i would not care to play an animal crossing game on a desktop, but worth the shot!
(04-12-2024, 11:20 AM)Max Powers Wrote: [ -> ]Save states as far I'm aware.

Try without savestates, you should be using your ingame memorycard save.
(04-12-2024, 10:09 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Try without savestates, you should be using your ingame memorycard save.

Sorry for the long quietness, but I have no idea what your talking about. And I've done just about everything I could do to fix this crashing problem including restarting my PC. The problem has only worsened.
What steps are you taking to save and load your game? Have you tried disabling Dual Core in the Config Settings?
(04-17-2024, 06:54 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]What steps are you taking to save and load your game? Have you tried disabling Dual Core in the Config Settings?

When this first happened, I disabled dual core right away. I also tried changing the graphics and deleting the cache folder because I hear that you should never keep that folder anyway. But none of this has worked either.