Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Should I move Dolphin into the Applications folder? (Mac OS Sonoma)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I really wanted to have Dolphin to show up on my Launchpad and also make it so i could select it (eg. when i open dolphin it turns on the focus mode "gaming") To do that, i had to move it to the "Applications folder." Should i do that  Huh Or will it corrupt my installation of Dolphin  Sad Sad Sad ??????‍♂️
That should be fine, as Dolphin doesn't store your saves/config in the application file, but instead in a Library path (~/Library/Application Support/Dolphin)
(04-12-2024, 11:29 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]That should be fine, as Dolphin doesn't store your saves/config in the application file, but instead in a Library path (~/Library/Application Support/Dolphin)

Oh thanks.
So that's why when I eject the dolphin disk drive and re install the disk drive my data is still there.
(04-12-2024, 11:29 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]That should be fine, as Dolphin doesn't store your saves/config in the application file, but instead in a Library path (~/Library/Application Support/Dolphin)

But how about the dolphin updater app?
[attachment=20959]