Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Hello, thank you and Stereoscopic 3D is just amazing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's like I discovered a new dimension of games! I just love the stereoscopic 3D feature. It's like having a game arcade at home. First I tried it in GTA 5 with the help of 'reshade depth 3dvr' which is cool, but in stereoscopy in Dolphin is fucking awesome.

The 3D is so prominent in games like SSX3(incredible!), House of the dead 2 / 3 / overkill, Gunblade, Ghost Squad, Sonic Colors, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam (needs to remove a Vertex shader with 3D Migoto to get the 3D and run with DX11, but THDJ is so damn cool in 3D!!!! It's something quite special I think) and of course Mario Galaxy.

I mean it's just mindblowing. It was a long time I felt such joy from just playing games. Really! It's just joyful!

I have some more games I will try out with stereoscopic 3d in the future, but now my Oculus Quest 2 is charging! It's kind of nice that it forces you to take a break

Wave Race has some reflections that are too annoying for me, couldnt isolate them with 3D Migoto, maybe someone knows how to fix them? I read the documentation but it's beyond me I think. Maybe I'll get to it but I would have to dive deep into 3D technical stuff I think. Hmm maybe I'll try Reshade Depth 3DVR in wave race, it might do the trick, but this native stereoscopic 3D lifts my spirit high. It just hits right. It's perfection except for the bloom water reflection issues which can mostly be resolved. I mean I guess not reflections. Mario sunshine has this problem, same with waverace.

Are there keybinds to alter the stereo ingame? I would love a function to change the setting on the fly and then to save the setting to the games property with a keypress, as finding the sweet spot is kind of difficult when zombies are coming at you making the screen shake, its like playing five games at once to set the VR right in some games. But I manage.

Is there a subforum for this 3D Stereoscopy? I'd love to share my experiences and perhaps learn / teach some tips and tricks with the games.

I wish you much joy, peace, happiness. I too am a Dolphin enthusiast. Big Grin
Really happy to hear you are enjoying stereo 3d!

Quote:Are there keybinds to alter the stereo ingame? I would love a function to change the setting on the fly and then to save the setting to the games property with a keypress, as finding the sweet spot is kind of difficult when zombies are coming at you making the screen shake, its like playing five games at once to set the VR right in some games. But I manage.

Yes, you can change the convergence or depth with a hotkey.

Quote:Is there a subforum for this 3D Stereoscopy? I'd love to share my experiences and perhaps learn / teach some tips and tricks with the games.

Unfortunately, stereo 3d is a very niche feature. In all honesty, we are lucky that it still exists. It has been a rather simple feature to carry forward but given the user base, there's not really many that are interested in doing anything with it. I think everyone was hopeful VR would carry it forward but that has been attempted multiple times by a few devs and it never took off. Maybe some day!

That's a long winded way of saying there isn't a subforum. The best you will get is an occasional user like yourself that comes by and says how happy they are! I rarely hook up my 1080p passive monitor but I have fond memories of those times. I do keep a pair of anaglyph glasses by my side, for when I get an interest to dive back into stereo 3d momentarily. I've been interested in some of the newer stereo3d devices (like the Leia Lume Pad 2) but not sure how compatibility will fair and the devices are fairly expensive for aging (idea wise) tech that will also go out of date quickly.

As for turning bad effects off or changing things in the scene, Dolphin has something called graphics mods. I am working on making them more accessible to create, which might help some of the issues you are mentioning.

Anyway, hope you keep enjoying the software. Have fun!
(04-04-2024, 02:04 PM)iwubcode Wrote: [ -> ]Really happy to hear you are enjoying stereo 3d!

Yes, you can change the convergence or depth with a hotkey.

Unfortunately, stereo 3d is a very niche feature.  In all honesty, we are lucky that it still exists.  It has been a rather simple feature to carry forward but given the user base, there's not really many that are interested in doing anything with it.  I think everyone was hopeful VR would carry it forward but that has been attempted multiple times by a few devs and it never took off.  Maybe some day!

That's a long winded way of saying there isn't a subforum.  The best you will get is an occasional user like yourself that comes by and says how happy they are!  I rarely hook up my 1080p passive monitor but I have fond memories of those times.  I do keep a pair of anaglyph glasses by my side, for when I get an interest to dive back into stereo 3d momentarily.  I've been interested in some of the newer stereo3d devices (like the Leia Lume Pad 2) but not sure how compatibility will fair and the devices are fairly expensive for aging (idea wise) tech that will also go out of date quickly.

As for turning bad effects off or changing things in the scene, Dolphin has something called graphics mods.  I am working on making them more accessible to create, which might help some of the issues you are mentioning.

Anyway, hope you keep enjoying the software.  Have fun!

I found the convergence buttons after I made the post, yeah!  I think stereo 3d hasnt taken off because people don't know about it! There is basically NO content on youtube about it. I didnt know about it and I'm supposed to know about everything gaming related!