Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimmfi Patcher and RVZ format?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

just a quick question:

I want to set up Wiimmfi on my Dolphin emulator and as far as I know, I can't use my RVZ files with Wiimmfi Patcher, I need an ISO file.

However, would it be possible to patch an ISO file with Wiimmfi Patcher and then convert that patched file to RVZ and still use it to play online using Wiimmfi? Or would I need to keep the patched file in ISO format?

That's all, thx for the help!
(04-02-2024, 07:41 PM)SiriusVI Wrote: [ -> ]However, would it be possible to patch an ISO file with Wiimmfi Patcher and then convert that patched file to RVZ and still use it to play online using Wiimmfi?

Yes, that works.
(04-03-2024, 03:27 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that works.

Cool, thx for the answer!

Now there is another question related to Wiimmfi that has come up in the meantime. My original Nand from my vWii is from a Pal region. I read on the Wiimmfi page that region plays kind of a role here. I would like to play with people from the NTCS regions, especially when it comes to Mario Kart and Smash Bros. Is that possible or would I need to buy an NTSC Wii just to be able to do that?
(04-03-2024, 05:06 AM)SiriusVI Wrote: [ -> ]Now there is another question related to Wiimmfi that has come up in the meantime. My original Nand from my vWii is from a Pal region. I read on the Wiimmfi page that region plays kind of a role here. I would like to play with people from the NTCS regions, especially when it comes to Mario Kart and Smash Bros. Is that possible or would I need to buy an NTSC Wii just to be able to do that?

As far as I know, what matters is the region of the game, not the region of the console you dumped the NAND from. And Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl support cross-region multiplayer anyway.
(04-03-2024, 05:25 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know, what matters is the region of the game, not the region of the console you dumped the NAND from. And Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl support cross-region multiplayer anyway.

Thx! I'm now in the 7 day waiting period. Looking forward to playing some nostalgic wii games online =)
I have another question regarding wiimmfi.

I only have Smash Bros Brawl (EUR). However, according to this list, Smash Bros (JAP) is supported. Does this mean I can only play wiimmfi Smash if I get my hands on a Japanese version of Brawl?

https://wiimmfi.de/stat?m=25&__cf_chl_tk...0.1.1-1301