Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Batocera and Dolphin with 3 games Steam Deck OLED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I have the Steam Deck OLED running Batocera and is very good. I just have issues with 3 Wii games only. The games are the Kirby’s mainly. But for example let’s focus in Kirby’s Epic Yarn. I just want to use my Steam Deck OLED controls only. I don’t want to use the Wii remote then I use the Emulated Wii control. I mapped to the more what I understand the control and saved a setting in Dolphin then I go to the edit settings of the game and I enter the:

[Controls]
WiimoteSource = 0
WiimoteProfile 1 = mysteamconfig

Where mysteamconfig is the profile I saved. But simply the Epic Yarn never recognizes any control you get stuck in the selection screen. The same for the other 2 Kirby’s. Is very strange because I test other Wii games and they run amazingly perfect and beautiful with same configuration. Just Epic Yarn and the other Kirby’s in specific I can’t make detect my steam deck controls. What can I do to map the controls of the Steam Deck in Dolphin? What I’m doing wrong and why other games detect perfectly the controls? What have special Kirby’s

Thank you
First, there are no settings called "WiimoteSource" and "WiimoteProfile 1". The correct way to write these settings is "WiimoteSource0" and "WiimoteProfile1".

Second, WiimoteSource0 = 0 disables the Wii Remote entirely. If you want to use an emulated Wii Remote, you should use WiimoteSource0 = 1 instead.

Do the other games you have played perhaps support GameCube controllers? If so, that would explain why they're working without setting up the emulated Wii Remote correctly. Either that or it was using whatever Wii Remote configuration you have set globally because the setting names were incorrectly written.
(03-26-2024, 03:22 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]First, there are no settings called "WiimoteSource" and "WiimoteProfile 1". The correct way to write these settings is "WiimoteSource0" and "WiimoteProfile1".

Second, WiimoteSource0 = 0 disables the Wii Remote entirely. If you want to use an emulated Wii Remote, you should use WiimoteSource0 = 1 instead.

Do the other games you have played perhaps support GameCube controllers? If so, that would explain why they're working without setting up the emulated Wii Remote correctly. Either that or it was using whatever Wii Remote configuration you have set globally because the setting names were incorrectly written.

Yes indeed is as you say. What I did also is go to batocera itself and in the game settings for that particular game force emulate wii control with Dolphin and not use libretro emulation and done now it runs. Thank you for the help.