Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Majora's Mask Wii VC Crashing When Goron Spikes Appear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am playing Majora's Mask on Wii VC using Dolphin.

I just acquired the Goron Mask and began to roll, but whenever I get enough speed to start spike rolling the game throws this error:
"Invalid read from 0x0000001b, PC = 0x80b33b80"

It completely freezes the game and I can't find any posts with this issue.

I have tried disabling custom textures, tried using a different CPU Emulation Engine, tried a different rendering backend (I've tried Vulkan, Direct3D 11/12, and OpenGL), and tried disabling CPU Clock Override.
Nothing works. I can't continue playing the game in this state!
Do you have any cheats enabled? If so, please try with them disabled.
(03-16-2024, 06:14 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have any cheats enabled? If so, please try with them disabled.

I have no cheats enabled.
I've still been experimenting over the last couple days and still nothing.
(03-18-2024, 05:58 PM)crumbskull Wrote: [ -> ]I've still been experimenting over the last couple days and still nothing.

Have you figured anything out yet? i am having exact same issue, i am trying now to install to NAND and updating dolphin
I can confirm thopugh that my game does have some mods/cheats/patches installed, and an un modified version i have (to be patched) does not crash when spikes come out . and the 16:9 ratio was used for an unmodified copy of the VC game
Last Update, I am using Patcher64+ tool to patch /mod my game, iu got it to not crash

I repatched my game but i turned off optimized 16:9 (where the game doesnt look stretched like in 16:9 in dolphin settings) and i also changed goron links "tunic" color back to green that probably didnt make a difference (i use ranom colors for HUD and tunic color ect

it seems the patcher64 tool's 16:9 option was Most likely the issue. i hope this helps you and or everyone else. I will update if i find it is something other then "16:9 widescreen (simplified)" and if you dont have any mods or aspect ratio stuff enabled try getting a fresh copy of the WAD file from the r/dolphin megathread - and if that didnt work, depending on your GPU make sure dolphin is using Vulkin if you have AMD and openGL for Nvidia,

good luck!