Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Exported Wii save .bin file not updating save data on other instances of Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm currently attempting to play Animal Crossing: City Folk with 2 friends; we're trying to use the same save file so we can play on the same save. We found an article about someone else that did a similar experiment, but did not include any information on how he was able to successfully share his file amongst his friends. I started the initial file and then exported the Wii save file to a Dropbox folder. Friend 1 was able to use the .bin file, made his character, then uploaded the updated save file to our Dropbox folder. Friend 2 downloaded the updated save file, and was able to create their character, and then, once again, updated the save file.  (We also used a combination of loading the save state alongside the .bin file, but quickly realized that would mess with the clock.)

However, once I redownloaded the 3rd iteration of the .bin file, it was as if it was the same file that I originally uploaded; it had completely bypassed the save file with Friend 1's character/progress. I've tried to troubleshoot this myself, but my technical knowledge when it comes to emulation is rudimentary. I've already confirmed we have the same version of Dolphin, I'm just not sure what else I can do. If anyone has done anything similar, some advice would be highly appreciated. I

f for any reason the PC specs for my friends' computers are needed, I'll update my post.