Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Crashing Repeatedly Playing Nascar Thunder 2003 (MacOS)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=20905]
Hello,
I am on a Macbook, and reproduced this both on Dolphin 5.0-21174 (dev) and Dolphin 5.0-21088 (beta) running MacOS 13.6. 

Dolphin repeatedly crashes mid-race on Nascar Thunder 2003 (GNCE69) with the same error message:

Code:
Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000064
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000064

Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 11 Segmentation fault: 11
Terminating Process:   exc handler [2070]

VM Region Info: 0x64 is not in any region.  Bytes before following region: 105553518919580

I have attached the full crash report below. Is anyone familiar with this message? Any workarounds? I'm happy to provide more information and can reproduce (unfortunately) very easily. Races load fine and I'm able to get a portion of the way through the race before the app crashes. There's no warning or message presented, the app just unexpectedly closes. Game was able to run without issue for almost 2 hours before crashing for the first time. Now it happens every 5-10 minutes.

I've tried both Vulkan and Metal and had the same problem.
Thank you for reporting this. I've known about this for a while but I haven't been able to reproduce and also haven't had any luck spotting the issue. Until now. I think I see the problem. Will be making a change this weekend, if you feel comfortable testing, that would be very helpful! Will post here when something is ready.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
That’s great news! Thank you so much for the response. I’ll be around all weekend and am happy to test a fix whenever you have one ready. Please let me know if you need any additional information! Thanks again!
(03-08-2024, 05:49 PM)iwubcode Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for reporting this.  I've known about this for a while but I haven't been able to reproduce and also haven't had any luck spotting the issue.  Until now. I think I see the problem.  Will be making a change this weekend, if you feel comfortable testing, that would be very helpful!  Will post here when something is ready.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hey @iwubcode, I just wanted to follow up on this and see if there was a new build I can test with. Please let me know, thank you!
Not yet, sorry. Due to some outside issues that cropped up the day after I posted, I am unable to fix this until further notice, and I can't provide an estimated time. One of the other devs will have to look at this or you will have to wait until I am able to get back to this (assuming I can).
Thank for the update. Hopefully a dev is able to get to this at some point, I can confirm it's still happening on the latest dev version and I'd love to get this working right for my son.