Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't update Wii OS to 4.3E
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm having trouble updating my emulated Wii OS to 4.3E. Some of the games I've dumped (which took over 3 hours per game!) are demanding a Wii OS update before it will let me play them.
But every method I've tried to install this update fails. Prior to doing the update via any method, Tools > Manage NAND > Check NAND... passes without any issues. The NAND image was dumped from my defunct Wii using LetterBomb.

In the first two cases below, I am using a Just Dance 2020 EU ISO dumped using a HL-DT-ST DVD drive, and it has been verified with Redump.org.

Disc Channel system update
[attachment=20900]
This message occurs many times during the update process, I've counted around 30 times. I've also seen this message sometimes during normal emulation, but I can OK it and it does not crash the emulator.
If I OK the previous message many times, the update eventually fails with this error message.
[attachment=20903]
No games (including those that previously worked) will launch after this. Unfortunately, the logs are completely blank, which isn't helpful.

ISO right-click system update
[attachment=20900]
Same behavior during the update process.
[attachment=20901]
Eventually this also fails, but with a Dolphin generated error message as shown above. Just like before, the logs are blank, and no games will work after this.

Online system update
[attachment=20902]
This fails without even appearing to attempt the update. The logs are blank again, but at least this doesn't prevent games from running.

Seems odd that my logs are always blank. Perhaps I'm getting the log configuration completely wrong?
Either way, please could you help me troubleshoot this?