Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: No sound at 1080p
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I change windows 10 from 4k to 1080p Dolphin losses sound. All other programs have sound it's just dolphin.
What are you using for sound output?
(02-25-2024, 08:22 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]What are you using for sound output?

I have tried cubeb and wasapi. Audio works fine at 4k and every resolution above 2048 x 1152.
Your profile says Dolphin 5.0, what version are you using? Have you tried the latest dev build or beta build?
What are you displaying your screen to? Is it a TV, a PC monitor, or internal laptop display?
Do you have other sound issues when switching?
Are you resizing the screen while Dolphin is open or closed?
If you right-click on Windows' sound menu, and go to Volume mixer, is Dolphin's sound turned down?
I am displaying to a 4k TV. I have no other sound issues. I change the resolution while dolphin is off. I have tried restarting the pc with no change. I can change the resolution while dolphin is on and the sound will come back on 4k and turn off on 1080. I am using version 5.0-21148. I have checked the sound mixing with no issue. After more testing, if I turn off keep on top and pause on focus lost and then turn them back on sound works. However I think the frontend launchbox might be killing the sound. If I use it at anypoint no sound works in dolphin wether I use it later or not.