Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: transfer data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i was watching a video  on how to transfer save data of games. They download the game file they want then click on tools and then memory card manager. They talk about using some file in the dolphin folder called GC folder and then some memory card. There dolphin already had a a memory card made.  I never created any memory card and havent exactly had problems with my game not saving.  I thought it looked simple to create one. I clicked create and picked the 128 and guessed western. I named it and closed everything out and reloaded dolphin and opened up the memory card manager and dont see it there. I can open it but it doesnt appear there when I open it. Does this matter? Do I even need to do this to use a save state file?
If your game is saving properly and you don't need to move it, I would not worry about it.
(02-19-2024, 02:09 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]If your game is saving properly and you don't need to move it, I would not worry about it.

how does one put a safe file from the game im playing into dolphin.
Is it a Wii or GC game? What region is your game and savefile?
gamecube game both should be american
(02-18-2024, 12:51 PM)eishiba Wrote: [ -> ]Do I even need to do this to use a save state file?

I didn't see the earlier, I'm not sure that it is possible to import Save States. I would recommend using a Memory Card save instead.
im new here so if i post a youtuube short about someone showing the game being used in dolphin and him downlaoding a save file will i get in trouble?
That's fine. There's nothing wrong with downloading a save file.
how does one add it to their game?