Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Direct3D 12 crash when launching game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I am trying to get Direct3D 12 to work.

I have Dolphin at default settings, I did not touch anything. Vulkan and Direct3D 11 work fine.
When I try to launch any game, Wii or Gamecube, a black screen appears for 5-10 seconds and then Dolphin crashes with no error message.

My gpu is an Intel Arc 770 16gb, so I am used to things not working Smile . I am just curious, if there is something I could do to get it working.

Thanks a lot!
I can't even change video settings without it just crashing to desktop. Paperweight of a emulator now when it was working fine just two weeks ago
(02-01-2024, 03:29 AM)Lomppu Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! I am trying to get Direct3D 12 to work.

I have Dolphin at default settings, I did not touch anything. Vulkan and Direct3D 11 work fine.
When I try to launch any game, Wii or Gamecube, a black screen appears for 5-10 seconds and then Dolphin crashes with no error message.

My gpu is an Intel Arc 770 16gb, so I am used to things not working Smile . I am just curious, if there is something I could do to get it working.

Thanks a lot!

It's very possible that it's a driver issue, lol. Has it worked before and are you using the latest driver? Dolphin also should make a logfile I think, but I'm not sure where it is located.
(02-01-2024, 11:19 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]It's very possible that it's a driver issue, lol. Has it worked before and are you using the latest driver? Dolphin also should make a logfile I think, but I'm not sure where it is located.

Thanks for responding!

I haven't used Dolphin on this computer before. I am using the latest drivers for all components though, and my win11 is also up to date.

I did a quick windows search in the dolphin emulator folder and the dolphin x64 folder, but there is no crashlog. I wonder if it goes somewhere else. The dolphin.log file is empty, no text at all.

I'm glad that vulkan works Big Grin otherwise this might annoy me more. It would be nice to figure this out though.
Thanks again, I will keep looking into this!
(02-01-2024, 03:39 PM)Fillerbunny Ninjashark Wrote: [ -> ]I can't even change video settings without it just crashing to desktop. Paperweight of a emulator now when it was working fine just two weeks ago

are you using arc too? Big Grin because this sounds familiar
just updated both dolphin and gpu drivers to newest versions, problem persists!