Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GTX 1030
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to run games at 1080p internal resolution in 3D stereoscopic mode, but the system seems to choke and drop frames and the audio stutters. When not in stereoscopic mode it runs super smooth.

When i used GPU-Z it only shows the GPU at like 23% and my CPU is only at like 30% as well.

I can't seem to find the bottle neck? Any advice? Is my older motherboard throttling my GPU? It only supports PCI 2.0 x 16. Not sure what the bottle neck is.
Look closer at GPU-Z, specifically the "memory type". Does it say DDR4, or GDDR5?

If it says DDR4, there's your problem:
If it says GDDR5, then perhaps it's due to 3D stereoscopic mode. While Dolphin's graphical demands aren't that much anymore (modern integrated graphics, or even older AMD integrated graphics, can run higher-than 1x internal resolutions even with exclusive ubershaders), the GT 1030 still isn't all that powerful and is comparable to the likes of the Ryzen 5600G and 5700G's integrated graphics (which itself are around half of the performance of the just-launched Ryzen 8700G and 8600G's integrated graphics).
(01-31-2024, 06:47 AM)Nintendo Maniac 64 Wrote: [ -> ]Look closer at GPU-Z, specifically the "memory type". Does it say DDR4, or GDDR5?

If it says DDR4, there's your problem:
If it says GDDR5, then perhaps it's due to 3D stereoscopic mode. While Dolphin's graphical demands aren't that much anymore (modern integrated graphics, or even older AMD integrated graphics, can run higher-than 1x internal resolutions even with exclusive ubershaders), the GT 1030 still isn't all that powerful and is comparable to the likes of the Ryzen 5600G and 5700G's integrated graphics (which itself are around half of the performance of the just-launched Ryzen 8700G and 8600G's integrated graphics).

It's a GDDR5 version...however I just realized it's plugged into my PCI 4x gen 2 slot, not my pci 16x gen 2 slot. I'll swap spots and see if it make a difference.
(01-31-2024, 08:01 AM)roberto188 Wrote: [ -> ]It's a GDDR5 version...however I just realized it's plugged into my PCI 4x gen 2 slot, not my pci 16x gen 2 slot. I'll swap spots and see if it make a difference.

I'm an idiot. The GT 1030 only supports 4x pci lanes, so gen 2 4x is the best I'm going to get with my CPU. Also, my GPU-Z wasn't working correctly. I got it running correctly now and the GPU is running about 50-70% at 1080p. Which, if Dolphin then tries to rescale and render 2 side by side images from the 1080p internal resoltuion it make sense that it would choke. Also since i'm choosing SBS for Stereoscopic viewing, 720p internal resolution is good enough. Should still look quite nice. Thanks for the help!