Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bad audio reproduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have an audiophile grade DAC (FiiO KA3), but regardless of that, my audio emulation (LLE Recompiler) suffers from stuttering.

I set the backend setings to WASAPI (Exclusive Mode) and a latency of 20.

How can I fix this stuttering?

Thank you!

PS: I only want to play Super Mario Galaxy the best way possible, and that means good audio too :p
Are you getting an emulation speed of 100% (i.e. 60 fps)?
(01-23-2024, 03:55 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Are you getting an emulation speed of 100% (i.e. 60 fps)?

Hi!

Yes indeed, I tested it for half an hour and the emulation speed is at 100 % (but 99 % only when the audio stutter happens, and it really goes down if I use LLE Interpreter).

I am playing at 1x native resolution, and also using Direct3D 12 (do you think it's the graphics API that causes the stutter?)

I really appreciate your reply!
If you see 99% when the audio stutter happens, then that drop in speed is the cause of the audio stutter. And yeah, LLE interpreter really is slow, with LLE recompiler being somewhat slow. I would suggest testing HLE to check if that's the problem - but I'm assuming you might be interested in LLE for Dolby Pro Logic II support?

The graphics API usually doesn't cause stutter in itself, but try switching the shader compilation mode to Hybrid Ubershaders if it isn't already set to that. It will help avoid shader compilation stuttering.
(01-23-2024, 06:46 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If you see 99% when the audio stutter happens, then that drop in speed is the cause of the audio stutter. And yeah, LLE interpreter really is slow, with LLE recompiler being somewhat slow. I would suggest testing HLE to check if that's the problem - but I'm assuming you might be interested in LLE for Dolby Pro Logic II support?

The graphics API usually doesn't cause stutter in itself, but try switching the shader compilation mode to Hybrid Ubershaders if it isn't already set to that. It will help avoid shader compilation stuttering.

How do you do?

With HLE, there is no problem at all, but I want the most faithfully experience possible, so LLE have to be the way…

I don't want to use Dolby Pro Logic II because it can only be used with the Cubeb audio backend.

For the shader compilation I only use “exclusive ubershaders” with the option “compile shaders before starting”, that is the best setting, isn't it?

Thank you again!
(01-23-2024, 08:10 AM)Abraham Malpica Wrote: [ -> ]For the shader compilation I only use “exclusive ubershaders” with the option “compile shaders before starting”, that is the best setting, isn't it?

Exclusive ubershaders is extremely slow. Please try hybrid ubershaders and see if it helps.
(01-24-2024, 03:52 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Exclusive ubershaders is extremely slow. Please try hybrid ubershaders and see if it helps.

I solved the stutter!

It was the graphics API all this time! OpenGL it's the best for Super Mario Galaxy.

Now I can enjoy the game with good audio…

I have a good PC, so that shader compilation setting doesn't impact.

Thank you either way, you guys are incredible excepcional at what you do, so, from the bottom of my heart, I really thank you, seriously!

Keep the good work,

Abraham Malpica