Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin won't boot unless opened from main folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been having troubles booting up Dolphin, when I first download it it opens just fine but after that it informs me that it can't start up because Qt6Core.dll, Qt6Gui.dll, and Qt6Widgets.dll are all missing. I've deleted and redownloaded it 3 times and have been met with identical errors. I made sure I downloaded C++ and I'm confident I have the correct version. Anything else I could try?  Huh

Edit: Issue is partially resolved, I found out that trying to run it from my computer's home screen would not work and I have to navigate all the way to the folder Dolphin is actually in for it to recognize the "missing" files. Is there some way I can still open it from my home screen without having to open it from the folder?
[attachment=20814]
Little update. A quick search has shown that all 3 of these files are loaded into the right folder and all seem to be there as normal, they're not showing up as 0 bytes or anything. I'm even more confused now.
(01-21-2024, 02:38 PM)GreyAttorney Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Issue is partially resolved, I found out that trying to run it from my computer's home screen would not work and I have to navigate all the way to the folder Dolphin is actually in for it to recognize the "missing" files. Is there some way I can still open it from my home screen without having to open it from the folder?

If you right-click on Dolphin.exe, there should be an option to create a shortcut to it.
(01-21-2024, 07:17 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If you right-click on Dolphin.exe, there should be an option to create a shortcut to it.

Thank you! This worked.